Acrylic arduino covers...

I have produced a number of acrylic laser cut arduino covers:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mowcius/sets/72157622349824171/

The covers not only make it look cool but provide a safer way to pick up your board. They also make the arduino more suitable for education environments by being more durable and less easy to damage...

I am selling these as a first run at the price of p&p for a base, lid, 15 acrylic washers and 3 bolts to hold it together.

The only thing I ask is that some feedback is provided to help me to improve future products...

If you want to use these in a stack then I can provide extra washers to accommodate this but I'm afraid that I don't have any longer bolts. In a next run I can laser etch logos/pictures etc onto the covers so contact me if you would like customised versions...

PM me if you're interested :smiley:

Mowcius

What happens if you want to press the reset button?
Looks like its been covered.

That did cross my mind and I have done a design where you can press the reset button... If someone wants one with access to the reset button then they can just say... Ditto with the ICSP header...

Regards,

Mowcius

I don't know about anyone else but I think they look really cool. 99% of Arduino users should not need to use the reset button or access the ICSP header.

Well I use the reset buttom quite a bit for testing, but at the moment I just break out one from the reset connector to ground...

Mowcius

Ok, the first batch of covers are all accounted for...

If anyone has any comments on the lack of reset button/ICSP header access or would like a custom one made then please just say...

I will be doing a new batch late this week/early next week probably...

Regards,

Mowcius

Mowcius,
Should I understand that you can also custom laser-cut custom plates for a price? (I am looking for a simple shape, just a square, 4.5" x 4.5", with one hole in each corner.)
Thanks.

Yes, in theory I can custom cut some parts for people although I will make a point of saying that I am not a lasercutting service!

If you can post up exact dimensions of the part, hole size, hole position etc. Including any extra details such as acrylic colour, corner radius (if wanted). I will then get back to you on price...

Mowcius

Mowcius,
I sent you a PM.
Thanks again.

Ok, due to 'no-repliers' I still have 2 available if anyone wants them...

Mowcius

In a next run I can laser etch logos/pictures etc onto the covers so contact me if you would like customised versions.

A laser-etched surface would look great when the cover is lit by a small LED at one/two edges and reflective material mounted on the opposite edge.

• the light bounces around until it appears through the etched part. Looks cool.
    I've seen it done.

A laser-etched surface would look great when the cover is lit by a small LED at one/two edges and reflective material mounted on the opposite edge.

• the light bounces around until it appears through the etched part. Looks cool.
    I've seen it done.

I have also done that on many projects but you don't really need the reflective backing because the light hits the 'cuts' in the etching and make them glow, showing the image.

Mowcius

I have also done that on many projects but you don't really need the reflective backing because the light hits the 'cuts' in the etching and make them glow, showing the image.

Mowcius

When I said "reflective material mounted on the opposite edge" I meant opposite to the LEDs, not the image.

When I said "reflective material mounted on the opposite edge" I meant opposite to the LEDs, not the image.

Oh yes, sorry for the misunderstanding, I know what you mean now :smiley:

I got my act together and now have a new load of covers for sale:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mowcius/4070138936/

These are selling for £5 (base, lid and 15 washers) including UK postage. Worldwide postage is available but will cost you what it costs me to post them.

PM me if interested.

Mowcius

These look pretty sweet! I only wish there was one with a small dock for a 9 volt battery. Any chance of that happening?

I have many designs in the process of being finalised. One is a case for arduino and 9v battery. The only issue with that is that the 9v battery has no mounting holes! I couldn't think if a simple solution for that. If anyone has ideas as to cases/stands etc that they want making then just say and I will look into it.

I have also almost finished the design of a 20x4 and 16x2 LCD stand among other things.

Mowcius

Any idea how much that would cost in USD including shipping to USA?

Any idea how much that would cost in USD including shipping to USA?

I presume you are asking about a possible base to hold arduino and battery.

It would probably be about $18-20ish incl airmail to USA.

I have a design for it now so you may be able to get one reasonably soon :smiley: It is on my list of things to cut a test of, and then if the test is good, the design will be finalised and a few more will be cut for sale.

The arduino covers are $13ish incl airmail to USA.

Mowcius

You should try and do some various frames for LCDs to mate. God dam I wish I had a CNC cutter. All my electro-kit is raw. Only takes one drop of coke and off they go to 8 bit heaven