AD725 soldering accident

so the AD725 is a surface mount part . i ordered a SOIC-to DIP circuit for it , then attempted to solder it . all the pins were soldered fine except for the VSYNC pin . i miss soldered the vsync pin to the one under it . DPOS .

← here an image that represents the problem .
the thing is … the DPOS pin is supposed to be connected to a couple of capasitors then the 5V rail .
and the VSYNC pin is supposed to be connected to the 5v rail .
so at the start i expected the miss-soldering to be fine . but then nothing worked .

here is how the circuit is supposed to be ←

Come now, did it work properly when you corrected the soldering problem?

Did it work at any time? There are probably many possibilities.

i am not asking why is not working sir . though i am asking weather or not that could mess things up
like , the pin is supposed to be connected to 5v but it is now connected to DPOS that’s the question .

Well, you fix the fault and then see if it works.

you see , that's the problem . i cannot remove the component . and the fault in the soldering is beyond fixing . everything else in the component works fine except for that little thing .

you see if this cannot be sorted , i must order an other chip for china . and since i live in the middle of no-where that would cost about 25 euros around 20 dollars i think .

I think it's a pretty good bet that Analog Devices doesn't make components in China. http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?KeyWords=ad725&WT.z_header=search_go Why not order from a real distributor - Digikey, Mouser, Farnell, RS, etc?

Why not fix the bridged pins? That's what I don't understand...

I get adjacent pins shorted all the time, you fix it and continue... I just consider it part of the process of soldering (in drag soldering especially, which is the easiest and fastest way to solder SMD parts with an iron). You just hit it with a soldering iron and if it doesn't fix itself, remove the excess with a solder sucker, then make sure they're both still making good contact with the pads.

thank you very much guys . i usually import from china (i know that's not where they make the chips) but it goes cheaper for me . if i import from mouser for example . i need to pay 60dollars for the delivery of a single chip . though if you need a big quantity then importing from such dist would be a good idea . since you will pay 60$ for the delivery of the whole quantity

At this point we are all wondering if you have ever heard of solder wick and flux.

i solved the problem guys thank you . i un-soldered both of the miss-connected pins then re-soldered them . works good now

i solved the problem guys thank you . i un-soldered both of the miss-connected pins then re-soldered them . works good now

So then why did you say this :

and the fault in the soldering is beyond fixing .

amine2: If I import from mouser for example I need to pay 60 dollars for the delivery of a single chip.

Well, as another ROTW resident ("ROTW" = Rest Of The World), I sympathise. That is why I simply do not - can not - purchase anything from US sellers.

Does it matter to them I wonder?

"US US US and THEM THEM THEM .... :D

I also NEVER order from the US, because of the silly freight policies.
ONE $5.00 SMD IC could fit in a $1 envelope, but it HAS to be packed in a $60 DHL parcel.
Even if you tell them that you don’t care if it gets lost in the mail.
The US could have so much more export if they do what China does.
To me is’t THEM and US…

I am lucky that I still can order from RS components.
No freight if you order online, independent of the order size.
Leo.

raschemmel: "US US US and THEM THEM THEM .... :D

Where "US" = "USA";

Where "US" = "USA";

and THEM =ROTW

I think we got that first time.

As said, for ROTW, Chinese parts come before US parts.

THEM and US. Leo..

Most of my RC friends buy from Hobbyking .(China)