adafruit esp32 with Neopixel for making a wordclock

Im making a wordclock with an esp32 and a neopixel and I am in need of some help

Hardware:

4 meter Adafruit NeoPixel RGB LED-strip Adafruit NeoPixel Digital RGB LED Strip - White 60 LED [WHITE] : ID 1138 : $99.80 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits
Adafruit HUZZAH32 ESP32 Feather Board Adafruit HUZZAH32 – ESP32 Feather Board : ID 3405 : $19.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits
4-channel Bi-directional Logic Level Converter - BSS138 4-channel I2C-safe Bi-directional Logic Level Converter [BSS138] : ID 757 : $3.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

I have gotten the neopixel to work with an Arduino Uno but since I need wifi to get the time I need the esp32. So I connected the two and since the neopixel runs 5v logic and the esp32 runs 3v logic I am using a logic shifter in between. But for some reason only about 20 of the first LEDs light up. Even if I set NUMPIXELS in the code to 6 or any number, 20 of them will light up. Does anybody know what I need to do?

Yes, we know what you need to do. You need to read the forum guide in the sticky post. All of it.