Adafruit Finger print sensor code help

Hi
I am using the Adafruit fingerprint library and I have attached them too.
I just want my module to print the template data of the finger ( hex data ) whenever i scan in the serial monitor ,
I dont want to give any ID or store it the flash memory of the module
I want my code to run and turn on my module and if a finger is kept it needs to print the Template data (hex) in serial monitor .
Could anyone help with this ? I am trying on my own and will post if there is output .

Regards .

Adafruit_Fingerprint.h (3.75 KB)

Adafruit_Fingerprint.cpp (11.1 KB)

Please post your Arduino sketch

This is the Arduino code to view the fingerprint template stored in the module flash memory ,
my requirement is totally different from this anyway I am posting this for your reference

show_fingerprint_templates.ino (2.53 KB)

Is there an API to read that template data?

Ya! you can find it in my previous attachments

Kinda my point... what happens when you use this?

See here
show_fingerprint_templates.ino
this code will show the template data of the fingerprints stored in the flash of the module.
right now I need to run my module and ready to read fingerprint when a finger is placed I need to print the Template data of the respective fingerprint .

Now i will store my fingerprint using a Enroll code and I need to run show_fingerprint_templates code to see the template data ,
I will give the Enroll code now

enroll.ino (4.37 KB)

I'm not sure I exactly get what you are trying to achieve

You have the documentation of the module available on line

Dude Please :confused: ....
I do have all these documentation which was with the library I downloaded from GitHub .
Did you understand my requirement ? I have clearly mentioned it step by step . I could even repeat it if you need ,unless you give me a solution

I'm not sure I exactly get what you are trying to achieve and since your code is not embedded in code tags I'm not seeing any of that.

I just want my module to print the template data of the finger ( hex data ) whenever i scan in the serial monitor ,
I dont want to give any ID or store it the flash memory of the module
I want my code to run and turn on my module and if a finger is kept it needs to print the Template data (hex) in serial monitor .

What I understand - you mean you want:

• active wait loop for your unit, waiting for a finger to be put against the sensor
  • when this happens, trigger a read of the finger print
  • get the template data
  • spit template data out in HEX data to the terminal

is that it?

@J-M-L
Thats what exaclty I mean

So where is the problem?

there are APIs to do all this, right?

There are APIs for every step ,
I dont know how to do it , thats the problem

can you write a piece of code that does the active wait for a start and print "finger" in the serial console when you detected a finger?

Here you go

fingerprint.ino (2.69 KB)

Hi J-M-L and Bob

In other words......
I need my Fingerprint sensor to run continously to detect any finger that is going to be placed.
When a finger is placed , the template data need to be stored in a default location ( say ID# 1 ) and I need to display the HEX data of the fingerprint at the same time in the serial monitor .
If another finger is placed I need it to store it in the same location ID#1 and display the HEX data in serial monitor .
All I need is the HEX data of the fingerprint for my android app.
Help me out ,
I attach the codes that could help you

Adafruit_Fingerprint.cpp (11.1 KB)

Adafruit_Fingerprint.h (3.75 KB)

enroll.ino (4.37 KB)

fingerprint.ino (2.69 KB)

show_fingerprint_templates.ino (2.53 KB)

I attach the codes that could help you

I don't need any help... you do...

can you write a piece of code that does the active wait for a start and print "finger" in the serial console when you detected a finger?

are you proud of "your work" in #14? does it match the ask? how much personal work did you put into this?

Try again.