adafruit fx audio mini sound board 2mb

hello guys.i just want to know if an adafruit fx audio mini sound board without a amp or headphone jack on board. Can provide direct input to a powered (mono) speaker, or do I also require an amplifier?.. because i don’t if i still need to buy an amplifier. and what wattage of speaker can that it handles. im sorry im really new with this kind of stuff. thank you in advance for answering my question.

here is the link to the product. Adafruit Audio FX Mini Sound Board - WAV/OGG Trigger - 2MB Flash : ID 2342 : $14.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

Can provide direct input to a powered (mono) speaker, or do I also require an amplifier?..

Powered [u]computer speakers[/u] and powered studio monitors have a amplifier built-in. A [u]raw speaker/driver[/u] needs an amplifier. [u]Stereo/Hi-Fi speakers[/u] also need an amplifier.

If you want to build an amplifier, there are lots of "power amplifier" chips, or you can buy an assembled amplifier PC Booard. If you buy a board, you'll need to add a power supply, a volume control, and you'll probably want a case.

Or you can buy a [u]small amplifier[/u] (that one doesn't come with the wall-wart power supply) or a bigger amplifier.

and what wattage of speaker can that it handles.

That gets complicated. A "small project" can get-by with less than 1 Watt. A TV usually puts-out less than 10W. A "standard factory" car stereo might put-out about 10-20W. A home stereo/home theater system will probably have more than 100W, but most of the time you won't be listening that loud.

Of course there is almost always a volume control, and just because you have a 10W amplifier, that doesn't mean you have to listen at 10W full power.

The speaker's power rating is "peak program power". For example, if you are listening to regular voice or music with a 10W amplifier and a10W speaker stereo as loud as it can go without distortion, you are hitting 10W on the peaks but it's only about 1W average. That means a 10W speaker can only handle about 1W average you could fry it with constant 10W test tones, or if you make a 10W siren, etc.

And, the power rating for a speaker is it's maximum rating... It's OK to use a 100W speaker with a 1W amplifier.

Can provide direct input to a powered (mono) speaker

Most computer speakers are stereo. You can connect the left & right inputs together to get mono (the same sound from both speakers) or sometimes the left or right can be unplugged so you don't have to use it. You can buy a single "mono" [u]studio monitor[/u].

hello sir i just want to ask if i can connect my adafruit fx audio mini sound board to a logitech speaker system z103.

this is the link to the product: http://compareindia.news18.com/specification/speakers/logitech-z103/91512

thank you for helping me out.