Adafruit Gemma on the Web Editor

I had a quick look at the web editor.

Is it possible to compile and program 3rd party boards like Adafruit's Gemma and Trinket?

Warm regards,
CT

Hi @chunte,
at the moment 3rd party boards are not supported, sorry for that!
Stefania

But what about the Arduino Gemma that was developed jointly by Adafruit and Arduino.cc?

@ cvickery

If its not on the drop down list then not yet.

@cvickery you are right, the Arduino Gemma is developed by Adafruit and Arduino. Unfortunately the uploading process is really different from other Arduino boards and it would require a lot of work on our side, so it is in our road map but in won't happen in the near future. Sorry about that!
Please keep on using the Java IDE for boards like the Gemma. Thanks!

Which board and port should I choose from the drop down on the web Arduino editor for GEMMA?

I'm seeing that the documentation at https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoGemma clearly says:

All Arduino and Genuino boards, including this one, work out-of-the-box on the Arduino Web Editor, no need to install anything.

But it doesn't work.

Anyone know why not? Yes, it's an older product, but why doesn't it work? I only bought it yesterday, not knowing it wasn't still current.

It isn't the setup, my UNO R3 is detected and works perfectly fine. The Gemma doesn't, on Windows 10, web interface and IDE both fail. (avrdude: Error: Could not find USBtiny device (0x2341/0xc9f))

Hi NKT

The GEMMA is still not currently supported.
It is a retired product although still available as a Chinese clone.

The documentation is misleading right now.

Bob.

The Gemma doesn't work on the Arduino web IDE and we have updated the product webpage to reflect this.