Adafruit soundboard (16mb) with 3x4 keypad matrix. Can it be done only w the SB?

Hello All. I found a project on Youtube, using the Adafruit soundboard 16mb to make funny car horn sounds. I have built this project, on my own, with no extra study beyond the adafruit product description, and a few tutorial type youtube videos, using individual buttons as triggers for each of the 11 sound files. I want to INSTEAD change this project to use a 3x4 keypad instead of individual buttons, to act as the trigger. I'm not eager to jump into a lot of STUDY, but I will if I have to. My question is, concerning the CODE that is in the arduino library for keypad: Is the adafruit sound board capable of receiving that code, to make the keypad work, OR do I have to add a second board to receive and process the code, to make the keypad work with the soundboard? Although I'm not eager to do a lot of study, I did order and receive a Kuman UNO board, to start little projects from scratch. But, of course, I'd prefer to get a little direction and jump straight to this project that I'm interested in.

Again, here is my initial question: Is the Adafruit sound board capable of receiving that code, to make the keypad work, OR do I have to add a second board to receive and process the code, to make the keypad work with the soundboard?

(It's not that I'm a young guy too lazy to get the basics first. I'm an old guy with a job and a life, but a little bit of interest in this. Thanks for some help!)