Adafruit Ultimate GPS + MPU6050

Hi All, Please excuse my ignorance I am very new to all this. I am trying to build myself a motorcycle datalogger, and to that end I have an arduino uno, with an adafruit ultimate gps and an mpu6050 unit.

I have wired in the mpu6050 and it works great. I am logging and displaying data no problem.

I have come to wire in the gps module and found out both the gps unit and the MPU6050 gyroscope has cabling to pin 2 on the Arduino.

How do I go about re assigning the pin on the GPS? (or the MPU6050)

or do I need to? can they both hook into pin 2?

any advice would be gratefully receieved.

Ian

no one? oh well.

You can connect the RX and TX pins on that shield to any Arduino pins you want. If you're using SoftwareSerial, its constructor is where the pins are defined in your sketch.

coxylaad: Hi All, Please excuse my ignorance I am very new to all this. I am trying to build myself a motorcycle datalogger, and to that end I have an arduino uno, with an adafruit ultimate gps and an mpu6050 unit.

I have wired in the mpu6050 and it works great. I am logging and displaying data no problem.

I have come to wire in the gps module and found out both the gps unit and the MPU6050 gyroscope has cabling to pin 2 on the Arduino.

How do I go about re assigning the pin on the GPS? (or the MPU6050)

or do I need to? can they both hook into pin 2?

any advice would be gratefully receieved.

Ian

Just found your thread...I'm trying to do the same exact thing....do you have any example code? :-)