Adafruit Ultimate GPS sheild and TinyGPS sketch

I am sure that this question has been asked before but does the Adafruit Ultimate GPS and TinyGPS operate together? I am currently trying to build Yet Another Reverse Geocache/Puzzle box and this i my first adventure in microcomputing in many, many years. Each part of the puzzlebox has been tested individually using the adafruit sketch, the LCD operates etc. etc. but as soon as I use the TinyGPS sketch the project falls at the first hurdle. The sketch appears to not to be able to extract the current location and compare the destination with the current position, as though it cannot read the string correctly. I assembled a simply GPS programme using one the websites to print the serial data using the adafruit GPS module, and low and behold, Nothing, what am I doing wrong?

does the Adafruit Ultimate GPS and TinyGPS operate together?

There is no reason that they shouldn't. TinyGPS(++) doesn't care where the GPS data comes from.

but as soon as I use the TinyGPS sketch the project falls at the first hurdle.

That being posting your code? Are you certain that it is not a memory issue?

what am I doing wrong?

Since we can't see what you are doing, you don't really expect an answer to that, do you?

Probably this.

Hi Paul and Dev thanks for your input. Paul I would like to post the code but the computer I am currently developing the puzzlebox is not connected to the internet (At sea and the company restricts access). I am using the standard Reverse geocache sketch from Mikal, with all the correct libraries. I suppose I was hoping someone like me who had used my combination of GPS shield had experienced the very same problems. In between working I have spent some five days scanning the internet wait for that magic light to show me the way. Dev's link may give me a clue as there may be just too much data streaming through. This is only the first full month of the world of Ardunio so I am hoping that when I wake tomorrow the a minion would have cured my puzzlebox but I can only dream of that!! Thanks again