add potentiometers

(deleted)

'Can anyone show me how to add some pots to this sketch without effecting the buttons?' Please explain what you want to do?

(deleted)

for (int i = 0; i < 6; i++) {
  Serial.print("Analog pin ");
  Serial.print(i);
  Serial.print(" reads ");
  Serial.println(analogRead(i + A0);
}

If it is an UNO then that’s all the analog pins there are. So you can’t have more than 6 for that board

(deleted)

DJRLE:
where does it go?

At the place in the code where you want it to print out the values from the analog reads.

DJRLE:
when I tried to add arrays before it didn’t work

When I try them they always work.

(deleted)

(deleted)

It tells you what line the error is on. So put a ) before the ; on that line.

Once you have proved that you can read the pots it's up to you to decide what to do with the values.

Steve

DJRLE:
I want to control some parameters in Ableton

Now there’s some information you probably should have included from the start.

Let’s try this one again.

fnb111:
Please explain what you want to do?

Maybe use a few more than eight words this time and actually explain what you want. I don’t know how the hell you expect my one to write you code if you don’t tell them what you want it to do.

Hi,
Are you using pins 0 and 1 for your buttons?

What model controller are you using?
Does it use pins 0 and 1 for programming?

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Tom.... :slight_smile:

Delta_G:
Let’s try this one again.

Maybe use a few more than eight words this time and actually explain what you want. I don’t know how the hell you expect my one to write you code if you don’t tell them what you want it to do.

Don't waste your time on this one, others have already tried and failed to help OP over on the PJRC forums:
https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/56935-midi-controller
And he also posted it on Stack Exchange:
https://arduino.stackexchange.com/q/67444/37857

@OP, if you want help, please learn to read and understand code, and express your requirements and problems in a structured way.

Pieter

(deleted)

DJRLE:
Wow you must really have no life to go to that much trouble to shut me down. After you send me a sketch that wouldn't compile because of error, and then want me to trouble shoot your untested codes that you through at me from your phone? By all means folks look at the teensy site an judge for your selves.

Did you come here for help, or just to whinge?

It is not my goal to shut you down, I just came across your question on three different platforms.
If you're going to do that in the future, at least post a link to the other questions. Right now, there are people on three different platforms asking you exactly the same question: provide more detailed information. This just wastes the time of all those people, because they don't know others have asked you the exact same thing.

Even in this thread alone, four people have asked you for more information, yet you still didn't provide any.
People here try to help you, but you show no effort to be helped.

You said yourself in a PM that the code I posted worked.
The code posted by oddson over on the PJRC forum is fine as well, if only you would show some effort to try and understand it and adapt it to your needs.
We don't expect you to understand the code all by yourself, if you have specific questions about it, we'll be glad to answer them, but you didn't ask any.
Just asking others to write the code for you is not something that's appreciated on here.

(deleted)

DJRLE:
it compiles but doesn't work.

What exactly doesn't work?

this is what I tried, it compiles but doesn’t work.

You’re the one with the hardware - you need to consider how you want to approach debugging.

Personally, I think the code is too long.
I’d start by looking at how to reduce the volume of code to debug.

DJRLE:
Wow you must really have no life to go to that much trouble to shut me down. After you send me a sketch that wouldn't compile because of error, and then want me to trouble shoot your untested codes that you through at me from your phone? By all means folks look at the teensy site an judge for your selves.

Wow, you must really not want to add these pots if instead of answering my question about what exactly you want them to do you instead wasted that time bitching at someone else because you didn’t like their answer.

I’m starting to think that @PieterP may be right about you.

(deleted)