Adding DHT44/AM2305 support

I've been working with a project that is using the DHT library by Davide Gironi found here.

With help here, I was able to get it modified to return Fahrenheit values rather than Celsius.

Well, I have a new challenge: Adding support for the DHT44/AM2305 temperature & humidity sensor I just got. I've been looking around trying to find a library that has the DHT44 to use to modify the existing one, but so far, every one I've found seems to be written specifically for Arduino and is both different & much simpler than the one I'm using with Atmel Studio.

Does anyone know how I could modify this library to support the DH44 sensor?

Does anyone have any suggestions, or maybe know where there is a DHT library that I havent' found that supports the DHT44 and is not 'simplified' for the Arduino platform?

Cougar281: Does anyone have any suggestions, or maybe know where there is a DHT library that I havent' found that supports the DHT44 and is not 'simplified' for the Arduino platform?

Why are you going to an Arduino forum asking for a non-Arduino library?

I just had a quick look into the AM2305 datasheet and could not detect any significant differences to the DHT22/AM2302 sensor reading. Same programming logic, same timing for reading the "raw" data bits and the checksum byte.

If you have a clean reading routine for the AM2302, you also should be able to use that with an AM2305.

What happens if you use your DHT22/AM2302 library with an AM2305 sensor?