adding PSI sensor to my airride

I'm looking to add these to my airride. I've seen post about PSI sensors, my question is more towards how do I make the arduino understand what the sensor would be out putting? is there a sample I can look at?

Thanks,

Steve

From link:

"165 PSI on, 200 PSI off Pressure Switch"

It's just a switch. Arduino can understand a switch by reading the pin that it is connected to. ON/OFF is just High/Low, in other words binary. Binary is "native" to Arduino... it understands. You might only have to pad (reduce) the voltage, if it's sending 12 volts, to the limits of the Arduino - simple as a resistor or two.

sorry I meant to add this link? did any one ever get this working?

The link lacks a datasheet, but the picture suggests that it's 10 to180 ohms, acting much like a variable resistor (pot). There are many examples here about reading pots.

The examples I see have 3 pins, this one has 2 pins, one is ground the other is data. how is this getting power?

dasaint80:
The examples I see have 3 pins, this one has 2 pins, one is ground the other is data. how is this getting power?

You would use it in a voltage divider circuit.
You would power it by wiring the ‘data’ pin to a resistor wired to +5vdc, and then read the resulting variable analog voltage at the junction of the sensor and resistor as a analog input voltage to a arduino analog input pin. Using a 180 ohm resistor would result in a measurement range of 2.4vdc to .26 vdc.

Lefty

Great!! I just stumbled onto that post and was thinking about that !! thanks!!