Adding USB

My question shall be addressed with the writing on the 2 papers. sorry if its hard to read, I'll type it if anyone needs when I get out of class (about 2 hours).

I'll type it if anyone needs when I get out of class (about 2 hours).

Yes, you need to type it.

So sorry.

Part 1 is. (edited to be more clear... i guess) Could you take the IO from the TX/RX ports on say a Mega, make a cable with the 2 of them that ends in a USB B connector. Could you get it to communicate with say 3 Unos by just plugging the USB Bs into the unos. Instead of having to add a USB receiver to the Uno's own TX/RX ports. Effectively you could do away with some extra wiring on the Uno and not need to get a USB socket.

Part 2, I have an Uno that the USB jack on it is busted (crushed actually). In the case of that, could I have a USB cable hardwired to that uno's TX/RX ports, and be able to connect that to a computer, Instead of soldering on a new USB jack to the uno (I can, and am going to this weekend, but still it gave me time to wonder)

Could you take the IO from the TX/RX ports on say a Mega

Yes, you could.

make a cable with the 2 of them that ends in a USB B connector.

You could.

Could you get it to communicate with say 3 Unos by just plugging the USB Bs into the unos.

No.

You can use NewSoftSerial/SoftwareSerial on the UNOs, and connect the wires from the Mega's TX and RX pins to two other digital pins, and read the Mega's serial output on the UNO that way.

You can use NewSoftSerial/SoftwareSerial on the UNOs, and connect the wires from the Mega's TX and RX pins to two other digital pins, and read the Mega's serial output on the UNO that way.

Yeah but if I was gonna do that, itd be easier to just connect the wires to the uno's Tx/Rx.

Aah well, figured it probably wouldnt work anyways, worth a shot though.