Adding WiFI to DSLR

Hi,

I want to send video signal from my DSLR USB via WiFi to android device (add WiFi to my camera).
Basically I need to duplicate this:
„cheap wireless DSLR camera monitor“

This solution does not fit my needs because I want to control more hardware (not only DSLR).

Is it possible to make something like this with ESP32 and Arduino IDE or I need Rasberi PI?

Thanks for help.

The EOS Remote App the video refers to is IOS/Android compatible only so probably not suitable for ESP32.
Some variants of the Pi will run an Android OS so may work but you will only know this by trial and error (yours or someone else's).

Riva:
The EOS Remote App the video refers to is IOS/Android compatible only so probably not suitable for ESP32.
Some variants of the Pi will run an Android OS so may work but you will only know this by trial and error (yours or someone else's).

Thank you for your reply.

You probably misunderstood, I don't need to run IOS/Android app on ESP32, I want to use ESP32 to convert USB signal to Wifi signal (my camera doesn't have build in Wifi, I want to make one).

As the ESP32 does not do USB and I'm not sure the RPi does host mode this is probably not going to be easy.

Can you describe the extra features you need that the App does not do?

Riva:
As the ESP32 does not do USB and I’m not sure the RPi does host mode this is probably not going to be easy.

Can you describe the extra features you need that the App does not do?

So, I guess its Rasberi Pi Zero W time :slight_smile:

I need to control more hardware, not just camera…