Addition to boards.txt not showing

I'm using IDE 1.6.7 on Win10 and trying to get a Yun Shield to work on a Uno. Everything works except that the code transferred to Uno over WiFi shield doesn't run. Shield setup Instructions are to add a link to the Uno (done) and add the new board to the boards.txt file & restart the IDE. But the new board doesn't show up in IDE Tools.
Have found lots of issues on forum with boards.txt but none help very much. The info I added is as below. Apologies if this has been answered already. Is there something I'm missing?
Thanks

##########################
unoyun.name=Arduino Uno - Dragino Yún
unoyun.upload.via_ssh=true

unoyun.vid.0=0x2341
unoyun.pid.0=0x0043
unoyun.vid.1=0x2341
unoyun.pid.1=0x0001
unoyun.upload.tool=avrdude
unoyun.upload.protocol=arduino
unoyun.upload.maximum_size=32256
unoyun.upload.maximum_data_size=2048
unoyun.upload.speed=57600
unoyun.upload.disable_flushing=true
unoyun.upload.use_1200bps_touch=true
unoyun.upload.wait_for_upload_port=true

unoyun.bootloader.tool=avrdude
unoyun.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
unoyun.bootloader.high_fuses=0xde
unoyun.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
unoyun.bootloader.file=optiboot/optiboot_atmega328.hex
unoyun.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
unoyun.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

unoyun.build.mcu=atmega328p
unoyun.build.f_cpu=16000000L
unoyun.build.board=AVR_YUN
unoyun.build.core=arduino
unoyun.build.variant=standard
#########################

Well I added it to my boards.txt and the board shows up in Tools > Board. The only thing I can think is that you didn't add it to the copy of boards.txt that's being used by your IDE. If you temporarily change the .name= value of one of the other boards in that file that do show up in your Tools > Board menu, save the file, and then restart the IDE do you see the name change?

Hi Pert. I tried that line of investigation already. In fact I took a backup of the boards.txt file then changed it to have ONLY my new board, and still the original set up boards shows up. It's as if there's another boards.txt in another directory, or the IDE ignores the board.txt completely and works off a built-in set.

This is the file I'm amending with its location. And I've checked that there is only one IDE installed.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\boards.txt

Still baffled by this.
Geo

It might be using another AVR Boards package installed via Boards Manager at C:\Users{your username}\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr{version}\boards.txt

Searched for other boards.txt files in all user directories but none found. I tried adding the extra board on my XP desktop, no problem at all. So I'll use that machine instead for now. Maybe Win10 has hidden files.

thanks for help
Geo

Well if you did want to find it then you can do:

• Tools > Board > Arduino/Genuino Uno
  • File > Examples > EEPROM > eeprom_clear
  • Sketch > Show sketch folder - this will put you in ...\libraries\EEPROM\eeprom_clear folder so you only need to go back up a few levels to get to the boards.txt

Now the way you're actually supposed to do this is to create a new hardware package in your {sketchbook}\hardware folder, so you would create a new file {sketchbook}\hardware\unoyun\avr\boards.txt and then put your board definition in that file, this way you don't need to redo this every time you update your Arduino AVR Boards package. You would need to copy the bootloader file from the Arduino AVR Boards package to {sketchbook}\hardware\unoyun\avr\bootloaders\optiboot/optiboot_atmega328.hex if you want to be able to Burn Bootloader on your custom board and you need to change the lines:

unoyun.build.core=arduino
unoyun.build.variant=standard

to:

unoyun.build.core=arduino:arduino
unoyun.build.variant=arduino:standard

to reference those files in the Arduino AVR Boards package.