Addressable RBG WS2812 LEDs - Shortcuts?/tips?

Hey guys,

So this is my first experiment in the arduino world, however I have been using an espruino and a Pi up until this point so I have a little prior knowledge.

I have a project on the go which involves basically a grid of RGB leds created from a strip (because the dimensions and spacing I want aren't available as a matrix). But before I go and get stuck in taking the long route i'd like to know if there are;

• Any useful Libraries for Addressable RGB control?
  • On the espruino it was mentioned that because the LEDs are technically forming a grid that I could use a command with a 'SetPixel' style, would this also be feasible on Arduino?

For extra project info keep reading;
The project is an A4 X-ray illuminator with a twist. the illuminator is created using a grid of addressable RGB LED's, that allow me to create patterns (such as sweeps, fades... etc). However instead of putting X-rays on top I put on Acetate artwork, that has been painted with transparent inks, thus allowing the light to diffuse through the art.

Solar_shock:
Any useful Libraries for Addressable RGB control?

Adafruit.

You sir are an absolute Gent :slight_smile:

I had come across the analog RGB and digital RGB tutorials both of which hadn't been useful. This one however, hits the nail on the head :smiley: Thank you very much.

Since your post I now have a small scale 2x2 matrix running and im just tinkering with the code. Hopefully tomorrow I'll progress onto a larger matrix.

There's also one called FastLED that worked okay for me.

Good to see another Espruino user here :slight_smile: