Adeept Uno clone. Cannot program. Cannot locate "Tools" or select port?

Sorry, I'm trying to get started and I've stumbled multiple times trying to get going. I did search first, but, apparently, I don't even know what I don't know. I'm hoping for some gentle guidance in the right direction.

• I have a clone Uno board by Adeept.
  • It is not listed in the pull-down list of controllers that work with Arduino Create online editor (but searching seems to indicate it will work) and I get an error when I try to upload code to it via the Arduino cloud editor here.
  • The FAQ here says to check my ports under TOOLS, but I cannot find TOOLS within the Arduino Create cloud editor here.
  • Another search seems to suggest that there is a setting in something called IDE, and I think that is some other software than Arduino Create cloud editor? So, I'm confused as to why I would do that?
  • another search seems to imply that I can configure "the correct port" in my Device Manager, but I could not find anything there that looked promising, and I'm not a stranger to the Device Manager.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

KennyBellew: - It is not listed in the pull-down list of controllers that work with Arduino Create online editor (but searching seems to indicate it will work)

Since it's an Uno clone so you just need to select the Arduino/Genuino Uno board type in the Arduino Web Editor.

KennyBellew: I get an error when I try to upload code to it via the Arduino cloud editor here.

Don't you think it would be helpful to post the full text of the error?

KennyBellew: - The FAQ here says to check my ports under TOOLS, but I cannot find TOOLS within the Arduino Create cloud editor here. - Another search seems to suggest that there is a setting in something called IDE, and I think that is some other software than Arduino Create cloud editor?

There are two different development environments provided by Arduino: The Arduino Web Editor, which you are currently attempting to use. This consists of a web site you use to compile your sketch and a plugin that runs on your computer that does the uploading to your Arduino board. The standard Arduino IDE (Integrated development environment), which is software that runs on your computer that allows you to compile and upload sketches to your Arduino board. It can be downloaded for free here: http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

The standard Arduino has been around for years so much of the documentation and tutorials you will find are based on that software. Indeed it does have the a Tools > Portmenu you mentioned.

You can find a tutorial for how to use the Arduino Web Editor here: https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub/Arduino_Genuino/getting-started-with-the-arduino-web-editor-4b3e4a

KennyBellew: - another search seems to imply that I can configure "the correct port" in my Device Manager, but I could not find anything there that looked promising, and I'm not a stranger to the Device Manager.

Generally you do not want to "configure" the port, you would just want to check which COM port was assigned to your Arduino board when you plugged it in to your computer and use that port. There is really no good reason to change the port. After you plug in your Arduino you should see the port listed in Device Manager. You may need to install the driver for the USB-serial chip on your board. From a picture I found, it looks like the Adeept Uno uses the Atmel ATmega16U2 chip. I believe that driver will be installed when you install the Arduino Web Editor plugin. Some clones use the CH340 chip, which will require you to download and install a driver, you would need to look at the writing on the chip behind the USB jack on your Uno to see which chip it uses.

THanks for your response. The solution was to install the IDE software,which contains the needed driver.