adjustable muli timers

howdy,
I’m new to the arduino world and was wondering if it is possible tu use an uno as a multi timer. My brother in law has a resturant and i’m trying to build him 8 timers that may be running all at once. I have built 8 already on seperate PCBs but now with this 8 I would like to use a uno if possible. Can I use diff. single pole switches to start each one let them time dwn. and have a green led while running and a red led and piezo buzzer at the end of the cycle?

I’m new to the arduino world and was wondering if it is possible tu use an uno as a multi timer.

How many things could you time simultaneously, using only a watch and a pad of paper. Quite a few. The Arduino is much faster at noting the need to make something happen later (a start-the-timed event switch was pressed), at recording when that need arose (write down the start time), and at noting whether sufficient time has passed that the later event needs to occur (light an LED, buzz a buzzer, whatever) than you are.

The limiting factor will be the number of inputs (start the timed event switches) and outputs (two LEDs per timing operation).

Note that I have carefully avoided the use of the word timer, since the use of a timer is not what you really need.

You could even have the greed LED start flashing near the end of a given timed event before the buzzer and red LED were activated, and still not overload the Arduino.

maybe this class is usefull - http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Code/StopWatchClass -