ADK 2011 and arduino sheilds

Hello I have been working around ADK and android board.Am able to communicate over USB and talk to my board and vice-versa. Now I want to try out the same thing over WiFi .I see that there are many WiFi shields available .My questions are 1 How do I know the shields i see online will work with ADK 2011 board? 2 How do I connect the shield to my board? 3 Do I need to flash/program my ADK board and WiFi shield separately?

--Kozlov

1 How do I know the shields i see online will work with ADK 2011 board?

Look at the pins used by the ADK board that are different from those used by the regular Mega. Then, see if any of those pins (if any) are used by the WiFi shield.

2 How do I connect the shield to my board?

Duct tape, rubber bands, hot melt glue, staples… There are any number of ways. Most people, though, simply plug them in.

3 Do I need to flash/program my ADK board and WiFi shield separately?

A WiFi shield provides extra hardware. You don’t need to “flash” it. You don’t need to “flash” the ADK, either. You do need to upload hex files to it, but that doesn’t involve raincoats…

Thank you for the reply PaulS. A clarification needed for third point . you said ‘You don’t need to “flash” the ADK, either’ , u mean to say I don’t need to change anything in WiFi shield to start communicating over the WiFi? If so then after uploading my sketch which uses WiFi library it should start working.Is my understanding correct?

BR
Kozlov

If so then after uploading my sketch which uses WiFi library it should start working.Is my understanding correct?

If the sketch is correct, yes.