Adruino Due LCD to TFT

Hi Guys,

I am currently using the Midas MC42004A6WK-BNMLW Alphanumeric LCD, 20 x 4 screen with my Arduio Due. I'm actually using a custom board but it uses the Due processor (ATSAM3x8E) and has all the same I/O and communications as the Due.

I am looking to upgrade to a TFT touchscreen (5" or larger if possible) but have no experience at all with them. I have been digging around a lot but there are so many variants and so many different libraries that I don't really know what try. I was hoping to pick a screen that was readily available as if it works out I may buy more over the next while. I was also looking for one that has a good library available and one that had the ability to load images from an SD (or however). Finally I was trying to find a screen that I can connect via serial or digital I/O as I have limited analogue I/O and currently use i2c (for RTC) and have read using more that one i2c is problematic. I was hoping you guys could recommend a good option for me to buy and try out or even point me in the right direction.

There is this thread, reply # 13:

Plus this LCD screen/shield for the DUE:

ard_newbie:
There is this thread, reply # 13:

Programming Due with TFT LCD issue - Arduino Due - Arduino Forum

Plus this LCD screen/shield for the DUE:

5"TFT Display Arduino Due Mega UNO LCD Shield w/Capacitive Touch Screen 800X480 | eBay

Thanks for the reply, it is greatly appreciated, feel like I'm sinking a bit with all this info, its great to have some support. I was wondering if you know does the LCD you linked work with Hennings UTFT libraries?

Also any opinion on this one, Seems like a 7" version of the one you linked. Thanks again for the reply, great to have someone to bounce stuff off.