Ads1115 and soil moisture sensor

Hi

Has anyone worked with ads1115 analog to digital converter(12bit). I want to get an analog measuring number of soil moisture sensor but converted in digital with ads1115. The problem is when I wired the adc1115 with soil moisture and with Arduino I get a very strange number of measuring (min:6346 ,max 21136). the min number I get when I put the sensor in water so I think that means that the soil is about 90%. Another problem is when sensor is in the water the values is first 10seconds around min values and then rise to the 11000. I don't really understand adc1115 so if anyone has worked with adc1115 and some sensor I will be very grateful for the help.

bug is line 42 and your red wire is not plugged in firmly... not 100% sure thought - just from what I can see

:)

joke aside - do you think you shared enough info?

sorry I don't know what are u talking about. I didn't put any code or wiring diagram here...

I didn't put any code or wiring diagram here...

Why not think about that fact for a few minutes, and ponder the consequences?

When you are done thinking about it, do take another few minutes to read and follow the directions in the How to use this forum post.

I can assure you the ADS115 works just fine. Extremely well, in fact. So, you are doing something wrong.

Since none of us here have any clue WHAT you are doing, there is nothing more anyone here can possibly say...

Regards, Ray L.

Aha okey im sorry for that soo. I want to use ADC1115 and soil moisture sensor. I get the correct values of measuring.i mean when my sensor is in the water a get 3230 and when is not it is an 14216. So is there any chance to convert this data in percenteges values of range 0% to 100%. I use the code from adafruit (Adafruit_ADS1015.h). I really hope u will understand.

Please post a hand drawn diagram showing how you have wired the sensor and the ADC. Also post the code, using code tags. See "How to use this forum" for instructions.

when my sensor is in the water a get 3230 and when is not it is an 14216. So is there any chance to convert this data in percenteges values of range 0% to 100%

. If the response is linear between those endpoints, you could use the map() function to convert sensor reading to percent. But first you should do more tests to determine if the response is linear (I doubt it).

water_content_percent = map(sensor_reading, 14216, 3230, 0, 100);

thanks for the answer. I use the wiring and code from this site Arduino and ADS1015 12 bit adc - Arduino Learning and I only add moisture sensor(analog pin of the sensor to A0 of ADC, VCC to 5V of Arduino UNO and GND to GND of Arduino UNO )