ads1115 interfacing more than 4 cards

I want to use more than 4 ADS1115 cards on a Nano. I thought I could just change the address pin by using separate data pins, starting with all in a HIGH state and by setting one pin LOW, read the data, set the pin HIGH again, then set the next pin LOW and repeat the process but I'm not having any luck doing it that way. Am I stuck with a maximum number of cards as 4, giving me only 16 inputs?

Nasa:
I want to use more than 4 ADS1115 cards on a Nano. I thought I could just change the address pin by using separate data pins, starting with all in a HIGH state and by setting one pin LOW, read the data, set the pin HIGH again, then set the next pin LOW and repeat the process but I'm not having any luck doing it that way. Am I stuck with a maximum number of cards as 4, giving me only 16 inputs?

You'll can attach 4 of these devices to the I2C bus at a time. To have access to more than 4 at a time you will have to use an I2C hub like a PCA9545 with one of these hubs you could connect 16 at a time, If you connected 4 of the hubs you could hang 4 ADS1115 from each of their 4 port for a total of 4^3 or cascaded these 4port hubs you could have 64 ADS1115 connected. You would have to select the one hub port at a time to work with.

chuck.

Nasa:

I don't think luck enters into this one simply you are doing something wrong, so post a schematic and post your code.

Thank you chucktodd, I have a few for the I2C hubs on order. this will be a new experience for an old hand, flow soldering the parts. Solder paste and proto boards are on order as well. I seems that with the hub I should be able th have as many as 64 channels for the ADS1115 but I will probably mix other I@C devices for the project.

Using the same scheme with the hub, I have designed a 4-20 ma output module but may need some help in building a library for the DAC8574. It’s a 16 bit 4 channel out.