ADS1232 24-Bit ADC to Arduino UNO Trouble

I'm ultimately trying to read the ADS1232 with the Arduino for a scale project. The ADS1232 is a great chip to use for this application as it is basically designed for scales and other sensitive bridge applications that require a lot of increments for a good resolution in output.

I am a beginner in using SPI, so I am trying to follow an example to start. This one here seems to be the closest out there: sample code for LTC2440 24-bit ADC however, the output doesn't seem to make sense. I can tell there is some conditioning for the specific application, but when I apply low amounts of weight, the output will slightly decrease, then jump to increasing values and increase respectively to the amount of weight applied. I have iterated with adjusting various lines in the code to see if I can get a more linear result, but have yet to be successful.

The data sheet for the ADS1232 http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/sbas350f/sbas350f.pdf definitely divulges the requirements for proper operation such as clocking and so on, even a specific scale application example, but modeling my circuit after this and using the example code, I just can't seem to output a linear decimal result. I have a feeling the ADS isn't being clocked right, but I really don't understand or know how to ensure this. Page 19 in the datasheet discusses Data Retrieval.

Anyone have experience here that can help? I'm literally only trying to output a decimal answer from the ADS1232 to convert into a weight...

Thanks in advance!

To add, important wire connections between the Arduino and ADS1232 are as follows:

ADS DRDY/DOUT <----> Arduino Pin 12 (MISO)
ADS SCLK <-------------> Arduino Pin 13 (SCK)
ADS PDWN <------------> Arduino Pin 10 (SS)

These are the only 3 connections for SPI I can see on the ADS1232.

ManiN:
These are the only 3 connections for SPI I can see on the ADS1232.

Plus a ground, presumably.

Anyone have experience here that can help?

It looks to be fairly conventional, per the datasheet.

Unless you show your code, it is hard to help you.

See this topic for a similar chip:

pylon:
See this topic for a similar chip:

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,128823.0.html

Spot on my friend! Perfect example. I modified the details to fit my setup and it works great. Thanks a lot! Interesting part is the SPI library isn’t even used, but it outputs great numbers!

Could you share your schematic ? How to supply ADC , 3v for analog side and ? 1.8 for digital side ...

someone could help me with ads1232 need the wiring diagram and the Arduino code. Need to develop a weighing system.

(moderator update - this reaction seems to be for joaobalanca )
You didn't actually read this thread, or follow any of the links in it, either, did you ?

someone could help me with ads1232 need the wiring diagram and the Arduino code. Need to develop a weighing system. I found nothing on the internet and I think I'll just get a solution here.

page 25

What code to use the Arduino? tested and all failed no reading

Hi, now that page doesn’t exist or is private

can you resend the answer from that page

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.