Advice about interface

Hi folks. I builded a maschine but now its controlling manuely but i want to controll it automaticly with a software.
My maschine has 3 axis (X,Y and A)and 1 relay. It can process 3D dimensions.
İ want to process this maschine with SVG file and i need angles and lenghts.
So i need to interface but i dont kmow which software will it fine for me. Visual basic or Processing ?
Ps. in interface i need buttons and a screen for see the file which is the SVG format.

You guys have any idea or advice to me. Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

This sounds like a CNC machine or 3D printer. They are usually controlled with GCode instructions. There are programs that can convert SVG files to GCode. I use a program called Slic3r for my 3D printer

EDIT 15 March 2018 ... Sorry, just realized that Slic3r converts STL files to Gcode. STL files are for 3D CAD designs.

...R

No its not 3d printer or cnc maschine. İts just a wire bender prototype.
So i need to fix that as soon as possible.
İm not sure which software will can controll it easly. Waiting your commemt Thanks in advance.

Qwertyqwq:
No its not 3d printer or cnc maschine. İts just a wire bender prototype.

Please explain how your proposed machine is NOT a CNC machine. As far as I can tell you want to control the machine using numbers and a computer.

I suspect the GRBL program would do what you want. It works with Gcode.

...R

PS.. I recall seeing a great video of a machine bending 75mm tube for exhaust pipes - fabulous to watch

Robin2:
Please explain how your proposed machine is NOT a CNC machine. As far as I can tell you want to control the machine using numbers and a computer.

I suspect the GRBL program would do what you want. It works with Gcode.

...R

PS.. I recall seeing a great video of a machine bending 75mm tube for exhaust pipes - fabulous to watch

yes your right.while im saying that, i tought cnc freeze or something .. this is not a cnc now because of it s controlling with manualy but i want to control it automaticly(cnc maschine)..

you advice to me to use Gcode and Gcode programs?

Qwertyqwq:
you advice to me to use Gcode and Gcode programs?

That’s what I have said in Replies #1 and #3

Is there some reason why you disagree?

Gcode is the standard way to formulate instructions for CNC machines. Have you done any Googling to learn about it?

…R

It's totally outside my area of expertise so no idea what would be the correct approach.

SVG is a simple XML format; it should be reasonably easy to parse that and calculate 'instructions' for your Arduino. For C#/VB.net, you can look at the the System.Xml.XmlDocument class.

There however seems to be one 'BUT'; SVG is two-dimensional according to Scalable Vector Graphics - Wikipedia so how do you plan to control 3 axis?

sterretje:
There however seems to be one 'BUT'; SVG is two-dimensional

Thanks for mentioning that. I had got confused between SVG and STL files in my Reply #1. The 3D CAD files are STL

...R