Advice needed for powering my Arduino

I have a very common lighting circuit in my house and I would like to change it so that I can control the lights with an Arduino. However, I’m not sure how to power the Arduino.

The electric circuit I start with is attached as Circuit1.png.

Circuit2.png is what I want to change it to, but I need a way to power the Arduino.

I would like to use the LED Drivers to power the Arduino, but I think I will have a problem when both lights are ON at the same time.

Any suggestions welcome.

Whats S in your circuit diagram? You could use a normal 5V 1 or 2A Power plug with USB and use a relay as switch for the lights.

The "S" in the diagrams indicates the mains light switch on the wall.

I am not sure I understand your reply of how the relay will work?

Powering the Arduino I would start with a 9V 1A Arduino Compatible Power Supply Adapter 220V AC. Commonly called a wall wart and about $6.00 USD on Amazon give or take.

Beyond that it's a matter of your LED drivers because some allow turn ON/Off using a simple TTL signal and some don't. You can always use a simple SSR (Solid State Relay) with a 3 ~ 30 VDC control voltage to control your mains voltage to the LED Driver. Really depends on what you have and want including what input(s) you may want to an Arduino or any uC to have it do something.

Ron

I was thinking along these lines (circuit attached). Would it work?

Circuit1.png

Circuit2.png

Circuit2.png

First question is whether the LED drivers are isolated. If there is an internal connection between the mains input and the output, you cannot connect an Arduino to the 5 V output.

Please give the web link for the LED drivers!

I don't have any specific LED drivers in mind.
In fact, I was considering using a 5V 2A power supply (wall wart, as recommended by Ron) for each 1 meter of LED strip (30 LEDs per meter). Then, power the Arduino from one of these (one from each circuit). My concern is when both circuits are powered, will the diodes do the job of blocking one power source when both power sources are the same value?

Why not just use one power supply with a suitable current rating?