Advice on Battery Selection - Charger module and step up

Hello,

I'm working on my project which is currently gets its main power using 5v 6A power adapter (DC Plug) I'm thinking about making it portable, and changing the main power plug to the Micro USB.

I'm searching for a Lithium polymer charger and also step up module from 3.7 to 5V

The average consumption is about 400 mAh but it could reach at times up to 5A

All the products I seen are limited to 1A output

Any Suggestions ? If its better to use 7.2v (2 batteries) and step down module please let me know...

What are my options of turning my project portable ?

Thank you

Tell us more about your project.
How much space do you have for batteries?

do you have a charger for a 2s or 3s LiPo?

it's about 85mm x 55mm, so the batteries would sit on the bottom side of my case, on another forum someone mentioned it's better to do a step down to a 2S battery setup as it will be more efficient ?

And also I was suggested to split the two modules, one for charging the other for regulating the voltage, I wonder what is more common in commercial products.

I come from the RC field and LIPO's have a really bad reputation so I'm not sure if flat lipo (around 5C) would be the right choice or maybe 2 18650 batteries.

Thanks for you help !

Happy to know what is this "3DPT" component they used in this example: https://learn.adafruit.com/multi-cell-lipo-charging/simple-balance-charger

Couldn't find info on google, those this module switch automatically or is it manual, how is the actual switching works.

go to aliexpress and find ur all related project things

There is a battery solution to almost every problem. The problem is: how much power, in what space, for how long? The first two are far from well explained, and - for how long? - not at all.

If you want to get serious,

The average consumption is about 400 mAh

seems a bit excessive for the battery powered Arduino world, and would probably be the first thing you need to address.

A pair of 18650 fit in a case about 90 x 40, complete with switch.

Nick_Pyner: There is a battery solution to almost every problem. The problem is: how much power, in what space, for how long? The first two are far from well explained, and - for how long? - not at all.

If you want to get serious,seems a bit excessive for the battery powered Arduino world, and would probably be the first thing you need to address.

A pair of 18650 fit in a case about 90 x 40, complete with switch.

Hello thank you for addressing my post, the lack of info is not because of laziness its mostly because of lack of understanding, and your questions are helpful to get my bearings.

Could you share a little information regarding the modules and circuits responsible for charging and regulating the power output ?

I will contact eventually a professional who will design a costume PCB but I wish to a) experiment myself first b) to gain knowledge before I contact a professional

It always feels better this way

Regarding the data: Lets say I will choose two flat Lithium Polymer 1300 mAh (around 5C) connected in Series. 80% would be 1040 so on paper 2.5 hours

I would need a charging module/circuit and a Stepdown module that could cope with spikes of 5A Could you give me some orientation on parts selection or reference please ?

Cheers

I am not au fait with charging as I just use ordinary desktop chargers. Also, the heavy current spikes you propose are beyond me, but I imagine you would use a 78H05 regulator, which are cheap, rugged, and use standard circuitry. The robot and motor sections of this forum should have something useful.

Nick_Pyner: I am not au fait with charging as I just use ordinary desktop chargers. Also, the heavy current spikes you propose are beyond me, but I imagine you would use a 78H05 regulator, which are cheap, rugged, and use standard circuitry. The robot and motor sections of thsi forum should have something useful.

Alright thanks, if anyone has any circuit suggestion would love hearing them