Advice on best approach...Arduino+RaspberryPi?

Hello all I am working on a home security system and had the following schematic in mind:

Module1: 433mHz_transmitter+arduino+PIRMotionDetector

Module2: 433mHz_Receiver+arduino+siren

Module3: RaspberryPi(as web host connected to LAN)

My idea (not original) was to use several Module1 to detect movement, send movement back to Module2. Module2 would determine whether to sound the siren or standby. The RaspberryPi would be used to: -Check the status of the alarm and show on local webpage -Via a radio button tell Module2 whether to be armed or not

I am sure there are better approaches and I am certainly open to suggestion. Though my biggest question is How should I handle communication between Module2 and Module3(RaspberryPi website)?

I know some Python, PHP, HTML and I did find some Arduino code to handle the wireless transmitting/receiving. Can anyone offer some advice? I am looking into Node.js, but completely new to it and am not sure exactly how it works.

Is there any reason why you would not merge Modules 1 and 2 into a single Arduino.

And with an Ethernet shield or a Wifi module it should be possible for the Arduino to send data directly to the webserver (you don't say where the server will be).

Or, is it your intention that the RPi would host the web server?

If the RPi is close to the Arduino why not communicate between them using a wired serial connection?

...R

Thanks for the reply. I guess I left out a few details.

1. I would like to put several Module1s around the house, and have them wirelessly send the alert signal back to the Module2.

2. Module2 and the Pi can be right next to each other. Or, In fact, I am sure I can just use the Pi and remove Module2 from the equation. Otherwise serial communication between the Pi and Module2 is good.

Regardless, how would I tie the website input into an Arduino? Or how would I show output from the Arduino on the webpage? Can anyone recommend a simple code/communication path? HTML or PHP....

scales11: Regardless, how would I tie the website input into an Arduino? Or how would I show output from the Arduino on the webpage? Can anyone recommend a simple code/communication path? HTML or PHP....

You have not said where the website is hosted or whether you are in charge of programming the web server.

When I want to create a simple webserver on my PC that communicates with an Arduino I use Python and the Bottle web framework. I presume Bottle will also work on an RPi.

This Python - Arduino demo may be of interest.

...R

My mistake. I intend to host the site myself only on my lan. The PI should work well for that.

Thanks for the note on Bottle, I will check that out. Python would be my preferred method too.