Advice on real time protocol / web server archive

Hi,

I have a MKR1000 and I would like to push real time data onto a web server database.

I would be performing analytics or machine learning algorithms on that data.

Can someone recommend a protocol that would be secure and efficient?

What would be an ideal database for both real time data and for analytics?

Regards,

John

Define real time.

I have a outside weather station. The weather station sends its data to a MQTT local Broker. A RPi serves as the MQTT Broker. A Python script manages the incoming and outgoing MQTT data. In the case of the weather station, the Python script reads the MQTT info and puts the data into the Db on my website. I allocate .002 seconds between each MQTT publication of the outside weather data and each piece of data being stored onto the dB when received.

Your desire for security and efficiency are your own benchmarks. In my case the local network is 'protected' and I use a secure connection to the DB. About which DB to use, a matter of opinion.

I used AWS for a while, pretty secure, pretty efficient but then they want to charge a dollar a day. Buying a RPi4, for a 100 bucks, was cheaper and coding my own Python message handler was cheaper.

Let me see if I understand..the Python script resides on the web server and reads the incoming data from the MQTT Broker / RPI.

By real time I mean data that is continuous and has a time stamp.

Very new in this, as I am coming from an industrial automation engineering background, But I am familiar with programming.

Intellimation:
Let me see if I understand..the Python script resides on the web server and reads the incoming data from the MQTT Broker / RPI.

By real time I mean data that is continuous and has a time stamp.

Very new in this, as I am coming from an industrial automation engineering background, But I am familiar with programming.

The Python script and the MQTT Broker are on the same RPi (Raspberry Pi). The Python script subscribes to the MQTT Broker and serves as a communications relay.

Your definition of real time is easily met with the described scheme.

Excellent...thanks for the advice...it was helpful.

Looked at some online tutorials and it made much more sense.

perfect.