ADXL with HX711

Hello everyone,

I would like to confirm if it possible to use some adxl device with hx711. Right now, most of the breakout board and examples that I search in the internet were all related to load cell applications and I find myself doubtful if it can be use to adxl devices. Though I have some idea that by using only A+ and A- or B+ and B- analog pins together with other pins I can now convert the analog signal without the use of excitation pins. But still, I want to confirm this theory to some experience people here.

I’m planning to use this breakout board below

41LdS-qQTHL.AC_SY400.jpg

Sounds like a bad idea. Why not use one of the digital ADXL devices such as the ADXL345? I use a lot of them and they are always very good.

I'd like to have a 24 bit resolution from any of my analog sensor that has differential output given that it is 0 to 5V range and I find HX711 as alternative. ADXL345 does not meet my requirements because of fixed 10 bit resolution.

I'd like to have a 24 bit resolution from any of my analog sensor

You will discover that many of those bits (probably 8 or more of them) will be noise.

Study the sensor data sheet to determine the noise figure, which is what limits the possible resolution for a single measurement.

As above, go with a digital sensor, where the difficult design process has already been done for you.

HX711 has serious limitation for use as an ADC. Its called common mode input voltage, basically it doesn't measure anything if any input voltage drops below 1.2 V . Study data sheet.

jremington:
You will discover that many of those bits (probably 8 or more of them) will be noise.

Study the sensor data sheet to determine the noise figure, which is what limits the possible resolution for a single measurement.

As above, go with a digital sensor, where the difficult design process has already been done for you.

Yes, Im aware of this fact. But for now, I would like to just simply run it using some analog sensors without the application of bridge circuits. Thanks for the information anyway

FantomT:
HX711 has serious limitation for use as an ADC. Its called common mode input voltage, basically it doesn't measure anything if any input voltage drops below 1.2 V . Study data sheet.

Thanks for the information. Im aware of this parameter of datasheet but im confused in this parameter. Do they mean that the A- and A+ should be within Agnd+1.2V and Avdd-1.3. Or, Do they mean that the difference of two voltages shoud be within those range.

exzkrixller:
Thanks for the information. Im aware of this parameter of datasheet but im confused in this parameter. Do they mean that the A- and A+ should be within Agnd+1.2V and Avdd-1.3. Or, Do they mean that the difference of two voltages shoud be within those range.

First is correct, within 1.2 <Inputs.< V-1.3 . Look for ADS1232, also 24-bits with 0 < Inputs < Vdd

FantomT:
First is correct, within 1.2 <Inputs.< V-1.3 . Look for ADS1232, also 24-bits with 0 < Inputs < Vdd

Thanks for the suggestion and information :). I have already made an order for ads1232 but the delivery takes too much time so I have to stick with this device for a while.