ADXL345 and XBEE [Using I2C Wirelessly]

Hello! :)

1. I am using ADXL345 [Accelerometer] with Arduino UNO.
  2. I am using I2C Protocol to get the data from the adxl345. Everything is working fine :)

Now I want to separate the adxl345 and Arduino board, i.e. I want to connect the adxl345 to a Xbee [both independently powered] & Arduino to another Xbee. I want to communicate through this Xbees.

I haven't tried but as far as I have researched I2C requires SCL & SDA i.e. it is synchronous & Xbees are Asynchronous [I guess for that matter all wireless data transfers are Asynchronous, correct me if I am wrong]. Also, ADXL345 supports only SPI & I2C to get the data. So how do I proceed?

Will an I2C to UART bridge work between ADXL345 & XBEE? If yes then will I be able to ask the ADXL345 to send data through Xbees using the Arduino board which is connected to another Xbee?

If not, please provide some solution [I don't want to introduce a Micro Processor on the ADXL345 side because I want that side to be a small as possible, since it will be a wearable device]

Thanking you all in advance :) :) :) :) :)

I want to connect the adxl345 to a Xbee [both independently powered]

How are you planning to program the XBee to read the ADXL345? As manufactured and programmed by digi.com, the XBee does not have that capability.

but as far as I have researched I2C requires SCL & SDA i.e. it is synchronous

True, but irrelevant.

& Xbees are Asynchronous

You don't understand what an XBee is or can do, then.

You might as well say that chocolate ice cream is asynchronous.

So how do I proceed?

With realistic expectations. That is, with some hardware in the picture that can do SPI or I2C. Like, oh, I don't know, maybe an Arduino.

Will an I2C to UART bridge work between ADXL345 & XBEE?

You have a particular one in mind? How will you program it?

I don't want to introduce a Micro Processor on the ADXL345 side because I want that side to be a small as possible, since it will be a wearable device

I suggest that you get over it. There are plenty of microcontroller devices that can do I2C and talk to an XBee that are tiny.