After turning on relay modules AI rise about 300mV

Hi I have relay module, I do a reverse engineering and draw a schematic of it, please find it in attachment. When I turn on the relay by DO, measured AI on some other pin rise about 300mV, how-to filter this distortion ? If I put a capitator 0.1uF between VCC and GND on relay modules it will help ?

I have similar problem with DC motors

and 0.1uF helps :slight_smile:

This is a photo of my board, relay is connected to the β€œHeat Realy” and distortion is on Analog input on β€œPH” pins. The schema of circuit I post in previous post is a schema of relay module not my board, relay module looks like this:

https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Sale-5V-1-One-Channel-Relay-Module-Low-level-for-SCM-Household-Appliance-Control-for/32316656858.html

Transistor on relay board is 2TY

board.png

Cannot tell that much from your circuit board, no idea what the components are, you really need to post a full circuit diagram.

Think you are saying you are seeing a voltage rise on Analogue pin A1, have you measured the +5v rail ?

No details of your PH amp circuit ?

When you have a heavy load like a relay on the same voltage supply as the micro, then when the relay switches you will exeperience a voltage drop /surge, but that depends on how regulated your power supply is ?

We have no details of that, its voltage, current available and regulation / capactiors ?

Several ways to overcome your problem, better power supply and capacitors, consider using a 12v relay so you remove that load from the 5v rail.

We need more detail from you ...

We can skip all elements values on my board because i test this behaviour even all of them are disconnected, i post my board only for better view what I am doing, we should focus on relay pins and PH pins, only this are connected.

Ph metter is this one:

Like I mention I have a similar problem when running DC motors, I describe it in another topic,

When I connect a 1uF capitator between + and – of dc motor problem was solved, so mayby I should connect the same capitator between + and – of a relay coil ? Do You think it have sense and it worth testing ?

Yes, have seen your other post - and the common factor is your PSU.

Without details of that its hard to suggest anything as that is the first factor in the whole circuit.

My PSU is a laboratory DC power supply, set to 12VDC.

What do You think about putting 1uF capitator between β€œ-β€œ and β€œ+”coil terminals on relay module ?

porlock:
My PSU is a laboratory DC power supply, set to 12VDC.

What do You think about putting 1uF capitator between β€œ-β€œ and β€œ+”coil terminals on relay module ?

OK, that should be an ideal supply, so do you have any current setting on the PSU ?

If thats your 12V supply, how are you creating your 5v regulated supply ?

What electrolytic capactitors do you have on the 12v and 5 v rails ?

If those power rails are ok, then try 100uf or greater across VCC and 0V on the relay board; NOT across the relay coil.

You can get by with adding caps here and there, but getting the basics correct is a better way.

Trouble is so many folk design and have a pcb printed , only to find their circuit does not work as expected and then try and find solutions that fit the pcb they have.

The right way is to build a prototype on breadboard or better still soldered stripboard etc, once proven then make the pcb.

Even seen folk complain to the pcb manufacturer that the pcb was faulty, but I was eventually able to show them it was their own fault because of an unterminated track in their design.