AGirs: How to simulate ir-signals

Hello, I'm trying to connect an arduino nano to a linux-computer, using an USB-connection, AGirs (on the arduino-side) and Lirc (on the linux-side). My problem is that I want to send push-button-signals to the linux-computer, beside the ir-signals. AGirs seems to focus on the ir-receiver-capabilities. Im planning to connect an ir-diode at a later time. For now, I want the push-buttons to work properly. For this I'm looking for a way to send ir-codes to the computer manually, even without an ir-diode. I have five push-buttons: left, right, up, down and select. How do I send signals (pulses) to lirc manually?

Agirs is not so well documented. I searched the whole web for documentation and tutorials, without luck. I always ended up on the same three or four websites related to the project.

bump

Hansolo19: Hello, I'm trying to connect an arduino nano to a linux-computer, using an USB-connection, AGirs (on the arduino-side) and Lirc (on the linux-side).

For this, you use the Lirc Girs driver.

My problem is that I want to send push-button-signals to the linux-computer, beside the ir-signals.

Then Lirc is not a very good choice of tools. It is not meant for that.

AGirs seems to focus on the ir-receiver-capabilities. Im planning to connect an ir-diode at a later time. For now, I want the push-buttons to work properly. For this I'm looking for a way to send ir-codes to the computer manually, even without an ir-diode. I have five push-buttons: left, right, up, down and select. How do I send signals (pulses) to lirc manually?

Agirs is not so well documented. I searched the whole web for documentation and tutorials, without luck. I always ended up on the same three or four websites related to the project.

Basically, it is a command driven server, that accepts commands and answerd them. The "user" can be human or a program like Lirc, using above described driver, or IrScrutinizer.

If you tell me what you want, without tool names, we can possibly help you.

This is what I am using: the Listener contained as "example" in the AGirs package on the Arduino, the Dispatcher on the host computer (alternatively JGirs.)

It just struck me, that there is a "simulate" in Lircd, and since you mention "simulate" in the original title I'll explain... For this, you have to send the lircd program commands over its socket interface, with can be either a Unix domain socket /var/run/lirc/lircd (does not go over network, or USB, so it is out of the question), or using TCP sockets and ethernet. This requires your Arduino to have Ethernet, and you to implement a Lirc client on it. It can be done, but not really easily...