airmail from USA

Can someone say please the cost of an airmail letter from the USA to Britain.
100g or less.
All i wish to do is ship a bare PCB board.

USPS.com can tell you....

You need to convert that to ounces. They don't have grams in the USA - commie claptrap. :slight_smile:

...R

Qdeathstar:
USPS.com can tell you....

I am looking from a reply from someone that lives there and does it.

Robin2:
You need to convert that to ounces. They don't have grams in the USA - commie claptrap. :slight_smile:

...R

UK or Irish ounces :slight_smile:
Does that include the wheelbarrow. :slight_smile:

Damn, I looked it up but I got too stoned and forgot to post the results... for less than 16oz it's 33 American Dollars... so around 20 pounds?

Four ounces (the site supports metric) in a rigid envelope, zero declared value, non-negotiable documents...

https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator/ExtraServices?country=10150&ccode=GB&omil=False&dmil=False&mdt=5/28/2017&m=2&dvi=0&ct7=True&p=0&o=4&ct4=True&rect=True&l=0&h=0&w=0&g=0&mt=5&dok=XX&pt=b

(First-class. I don't know how that differs from airmail.)

Boardburner2:
Does that include the wheelbarrow. :slight_smile:

Nah. The wheel is broke and I'm waitin' for a new one from the rich cousin in the States. I tink he's forgot.

...R

A pcb board ain't a document though.

I know, in the UK it has to pass through 5mm slot and be correct weight to qualify, otherwise parcel charges apply.

I’m continually bemused by the cost of shipping to/from the USA.

I can order a few parts - an ounce or four - from China for a pound or three ( <$4) and get free shipping to my door in the UK.

Do US buyers get similar pricing?

What’s going on?

Allan.

Last time i looked at buying from crossroads i think postage to UK was something like 35 dollars.

Last thing i ordered was a small roll of fabric samples, they gave me the sample for free but post was 45 dollars

Edit , i can send my PCB to the USA for £2.27.

Other direction is more like 20.

Or $13.50 USPS but not sure if that is airmail.

Yea around 20 pounds:)

allanhurst:
I’m continually bemused by the cost of shipping to/from the USA.

I can order a few parts - an ounce or four - from China for a pound or three ( <$4) and get free shipping to my door in the UK.

Do US buyers get similar pricing?

What’s going on?

China subsidises its exporters (in some areas of the country) by giving them free postage.
Both the UK and US postal services are required to make a profit.

So what then send it from US to China and from China to UK, for free. :wink:

US to china is USPS rates.

What i do not understand is China to US free as in the US leg USPS has to deal with it, how does that arrangement work.

Boardburner2:
US to china is USPS rates.

What i do not understand is China to US free as in the US leg USPS has to deal with it, how does that arrangement work.

Simply because of International Postal Union rules. All postal charges are to be made in the country of origin. USPS delivers all incoming mail from other countries for free and all other countries deliver incoming USPS mail for free. Quid pro quo.
It also saves accounting and money transfer costs between the different postal services.

So as a net importer that will cost the domestic mail service dear ?
i can see why USPS is in trouble in that case.

In our country all incoming mail is account to the the postal service in country of origin. It is said that postage for China is 2/3 of domestic postage. I think, in the US it is similar.

So in effect USPS is effectively subsidising free post from china ?
Better hope Trump does not find out.

Covfefe!