Alcohol Gas Sensor

Hi All,

I'm developing a breathlalyzer which need to have the same quality and function like common commercial products in the market (probably the same with 200$, 300$ products). However, I don't find any alcohol gas sensor having enough quality. There are one called MQ-3 on Sparkfun or Seedstudio but it's not fulfil my purpose.

Anyone know that kind of Alcohol Gas Sensors are being used on commercial product, please let me know. Thank in advance.

Regards,

The problem isn't the quality of the sensors but the fact that sensors like the MQ-3 are not calibrated. It doesn't matter how "good" your sensor is, if the sensor isn't calibrated you results will say nothing.

That's why the calibrated commercial products are 200-300 dollars AND these breathalyzer's probabbly need to be recalibrated every year.

Tarbo: The problem isn't the quality of the sensors but the fact that sensors like the MQ-3 are not calibrated. It doesn't matter how "good" your sensor is, if the sensor isn't calibrated you results will say nothing.

That's why the calibrated commercial products are 200-300 dollars AND these breathalyzer's probabbly need to be recalibrated every year.

Agree with you. But do you know any other sensors?