All I wanted...

...was a 3 x AA battery box with switch.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ST-2-Pcs-3-x-AAA-4-5V-Battery-Holder-Wired-ON-OFF-Switch-w-Cover-/221765071223

ST 2 Pcs 3 x AAA 4.5V Battery Holder Wired ON/OFF Switch w Cover

This raises so many questions like where do the batteries go? Where is the switch & can you get one without cover?

It would be fun trying to workout how to turn it on. ;)

Weedpharma

Doesn't Ship to Canada :confused:

LarryD: Doesn't Ship to Canada :confused:

Nor here, but for 99p I'd be inclined to collect.

May be cheap to buy but I would be concerned about the running costs.

I purchased a similar model 40 years ago and can vouch for the cost of keeping it in tune.

Weedpharma

weedpharma: I purchased a similar model 40 years ago

What's the trade-in value like?

Half of what you own and earn for the rest of time.

If you're not satisfied with the item, you can return it within 30 days.

Henry_Best: If you're not satisfied with the item, you can return it within 30 days.

But does it have to be in original packaging and unopened?

Riva: But does it have to be in original packaging and unopened?

How can you tell you're not satisfied with it without opening the original packaging?

From that page:

Have one to sell?

Ah, no.

Have you thought about an enclosure for your project ? As far as I know the only option is wood.

Hardwood.

You should think about using some sleeving on the input to prevent the inevitable parasitic oscillations from causing problems in the future.

You could use heat shrink with the battery holder to prevent future problems. As you can see there are different sizes available.

You should be able to still get at the On/Off switch.

I foresee several problems with the use of heat shrink in this situation: The heat needed to shrink it is likely to damage the component it covers. :'( It's difficult to remove. :disappointed_relieved: Frictional heat may cause it to shrink further, causing too much compression and, therefore, malfunctioning of the internal component. :astonished:

The component might be prematurely rejected. ;)

[quote author=Nick Gammon date=1432342295 link=msg=2243991] The component might be prematurely rejected. ;)[/quote] Not up to specification.

Maybe it is simply worn out from being used in manual mode instead of automatic mode.

Weedpharma