Alternative Relay pin outs

Hi,
Hoping someone can help please.
I had a drawing done by a work colleague, part of which controls a motor to turn fwds then backwards.
The relay he calls up on the drawing is a OMICROM G5V2 and as per the schematic attached, shows me the pin outs which I have used.

When I connected everything up, it didn’t work :_(, upon looking at the relays, I noticed the switching layouts are different to that shown on my schematic.
Unfortunately work colleague has moved on.
I have tried to work out a revised switching, but don’t seem to get the pinouts correct.

The first relay controls the motor either running or not and the second relay controls the direction.

If anybody is able to correct the schematic, or advise what the switching operations are for the relays, that would help. I have tried to sort some info looking at internet sites, but am struggling.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks
Paul,

Capture.PNG

Capture.GIF

Sorry but those pictures are just too small to make anything much out of. They are also incomplete as they don't show the Arduino connections.

Schematic is basically correct.

Top relay acts as a power switch for the bottom relay.
Bottom relay selects polarity (forwards/reverse) for the motor.

Post a real picture of the wiring.
Leo..

Hi,
This is the base view of your relay.
OmronRelay.jpg
But we do need a better image, can your CAD EXPORT a jpeg image?
Tom… :slight_smile:

Hi,
This may help,
relay1.jpg
Tom… :slight_smile:

You can simplify your circuit. You really do not need to switch -, Since it switches from - to -. Not really helpful.

You can also further simplify by using two single pole double throw relays. The poll of the first relay goes to one side of the motor, the pole of the second relay goes to the other side. the normally close side of each relay goes to the - Power supply. the normally open side of the relay goes to the + of the power supply. When both relays are not energized, are if both relays are energized, The motor will not run. If either relay synergized and the other is not energized, the motor runs in the desired direction.

Hope this helps.

Joe.

promacjoe2:
You can simplify your circuit. You really do not need to switch -, Since it switches from - to -. Not really helpful.

Maybe the designer wanted "braking" (shorting the motor when not running).
Leo..

Wawa:
Maybe the designer wanted "braking" (shorting the motor when not running).
Leo..

that might produce a transient spike, not something you really want to do. That might be why he place 2 diodes on the + input. the only other reason for the two diodes is to drop the voltage 1.2V .

Braking, by shorting the motor, is common practice.
The diodes might be there to run a 3volt motor from a 5volt supply. Who knows.
OP seems to have decided to run and hide.
Leo…

Did not mean to run them off. either circuit will work, But switching from negative to negative does not make sense, not to me anyway. It's better to leave it connected to negative all the time. And you will get a braking with either set up.

if the OP is still out there, please let us know if you still need help, Or if you have solved the problem.