Alternative to SerProxy

I'm not sure if this has been done before, but I thought it worth sharing anyway.

I've created a small and lightweight application that facilitates communication over the serial port for programs that can't access it directly. It's very similar to Serproxy but without sockets, servers or any kind of network layer. Instead, data from the serial port is proxied through the applications standard input/ouput/error streams. This makes it especially useful for Adobe Air 2.0 programs that can launch it using the NativeProcess api. The port and baud rate can also be configured using launch parameters, and as there are two separate streams for error and standard serial output, it makes it easier for your app to differentiate between the feedback and errors.

I've been using it on a commercial project and it runs really well. However, I wanted to put it out there to see if anyone finds it useful, and also to test it on some other machines.

It's only available on OSX for the moment, but I'll create a windows version soon aswell as release to code on github for other to play with.

Hope you like it - http://mark-lundin.com/02-SerProcess