Alternatives for saving a unsigned long in a remobable memory

Hi,

First of all I apologice if this goes into storage intead of here, but im asking this for a proyect so i don’t know, im also new here.

Well, the situation is: I want to save a unsigned long… or more data, but no more than 5kb of data into a memory that I could easy remove and change if it just stop working because constant writing.

My problem is: I see using a SD of let’s say 512Mb (those are still being sold?) or more as a little overkill, but i don’t really find alternatives that are removable, cheap and that doesn’t feel like overkill on memory space.

Any sugestions or should i go with the 1Gb SD?

Thanks.

Would pen and paper work? SD cards are rather cheep so why bother about overcapacity?

Don't fret over things that don’t matter. Buy the biggest, cheapest, fastest card you can.

The “overkill” as you call it, increases the number of total writes you will have before the card reachs end of life. This due to the wear leveling that a modern sd card implements internally. The bigger the card, the more blocks available and fewer times each block gets written.

A card at 2GB or less might have faster access due to using smaller records in the file allocation table but I doubt it matters since the SD library has been heavily optimized. Last time I looked, 2GB was impossible to find in my local big box retail store. I did find 128 mb micro sd cards for less than a dollar apiece awhile back from China. I suspect they are originally much larger capacity cards with lots of bad sectors.

Railroader: Would pen and paper work? SD cards are rather cheep so why bother about overcapacity?

I'm just looking for alternatives, if buying a 1Gb SD is the cheapest and easiest way I'll go with it.

WattsThat: Don't fret over things that don’t matter. Buy the biggest, cheapest, fastest card you can.

The “overkill” as you call it, increases the number of total writes you will have before the card reachs end of life. This due to the wear leveling that a modern sd card implements internally. The bigger the card, the more blocks available and fewer times each block gets written.

A card at 2GB or less might have faster access due to using smaller records in the file allocation table but I doubt it matters since the SD library has been heavily optimized. Last time I looked, 2GB was impossible to find in my local big box retail store. I did find 128 mb micro sd cards for less than a dollar apiece awhile back from China. I suspect they are originally much larger capacity cards with lots of bad sectors.

Ok, i'll go with the Gb capacity SD cards. Thank you.