Once again, I am asking for your inspiration and help.
Use case. On both nightstands, I am planning to have six TP223 Switches.
This would mean, that I needed 12 I/O pins.
Let's assume, that only one of the switches gets pressed at once. Therefore, it should be possible to map those 12 signals to four I/O pins. (Four Bits)
The following schematic should allow me to do this.
- Please note: all diodes were planned to be LEDs. Primarily, to prevent the current from flowing in the wrong direction and secondarily to help to debug.
- Any cut connection is not related to this question. (Mostly PWM outputs)
Link to schematic.
Issue: The voltage drop over the LED seems to be too large and therefore, no switch input is detected.
- Is my idea just plain stupid and there would be much easier ways to achieve my desire? (I.E. an IC that already does that for me. However, I didn't find one.)
- If this idea could work, but only with "proper" diodes, are there any THT Diodes you could recommend to me?
- Any other remarks are appreciated as well.
-NodeMCU V3 (The newer larger version)
-TP223 Touch sensor
Thanks a lot.