AltSoftSerial not working with HC-05 fail, to receive data between Arduino Micro

For my wireless head mouse project using electro-house voice recognition module V3.1 and InvenSense MPU6050 IMU sensor, I chose HC-05 pairs as the Bluetooth medium. The sender Arduino has to send calculated data of the MPU and the voice command flag through a data structure to the receiver Arduino Micro. I have to use two software serials for HC-05 and Voice modules on the sender side. But the problem is that I can’t use two software serials parallelly which I need to decrease lag of the mouse cursor due to transmission latency. So, I can’t activate one and listen on the other. I need parallel transmission. My HC-05 pairs didn’t work on hardware serial. They did on the soft serial. but I could only use the MPU6050 because the Voice module also uses software serial. Then, I opted for NeoSoftSerial but it has the same problem as SoftwareSerial. Lastly, I tried to read the documentation of AltSoftSerial which can emulate a serial port and simultaneously transmit and receive. And one of the forum posts suggested that it can be used for parallel softserial connections. But I can’t get it to work transmit and receive data between my Arduino Micros. I followed their documentation as best as I could. Made sure to check the connection table for Arduino Micro on the PJRC website. Went into the library files to understand, saw the documentation. But couldn’t even transmit a byte or an int in the most basic circuit connection leaving out the Voice module and MPU.

Connection on both Arduinos
HC-05 BT Arduino Micro

VCC VCC
TX 5
RX 13
GND GND

Code: send and receive.ino respectively

#include <AltSoftSerial.h>
AltSoftSerial altSerial; 
byte b=0;

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  altSerial.begin(9600);  // HC-05 default speed in AT command more
}

void loop()
{

altSerial.write(b);
  if(!altSerial.write(b))Serial.println("TX Error");
  else Serial.println(b);
  ++b;

delay(100);  
}
#include <AltSoftSerial.h>

AltSoftSerial altSerial;

byte b =0;

void setup()
{
  //Wire.begin();
  Serial.begin(9600);
  altSerial.begin(9600);  // HC-05 default speed in AT command more
  altSerial.println("Hi");
}

void loop()
{     
      int a = altSerial.available();
      Serial.print(a);
      if(altSerial.available()){
      byte b = altSerial.read();
      altSerial.println(b);
      }
    //Mouse.move(Gyro_data.gyro_X, Gyro_data.gyro_Y);
    delay(100);
}

a returns 0. So, I can say that number of bytes received on the receiver’s end is 0.

Connection on both Arduinos
HC-05 BT Arduino Micro

VCC VCC
TX 5
RX 13
GND GND

Swap RX/TX! HC-05 TX goes to pin 13 on the Micro, HC-05 RX goes to pin5 on the Micro.