Am i missing anything?

Hello to Arduino World..

this is my first post as im planning to purchase an arduino uno.

so i collected all the components needed to get into making things.

here is the list what i've searched have a look and see if anything is missing here?

all list costs around 25$ (Rs. 1040 - for India)

LED (diff colors) RGB LED Solder & flux 2pF Capacitor Pack 10pF Capacitor Pack Desoldering Pump 0.001uF Capacitor Pack 47uF/25V Capacitor 100uF/25V Capacitor BC548 Transistor BC547 Transistor 2N2222A Metal Transistor 6 Volt PCB Mount Relay Piezo Buzzer LDR - 5 mm IR LED TSOP1738 - Infrared Sensor LM35D-Temperature Sensor TIP127 Transistor 74HC165 Tact (Micro) Switch 1N4148 Mixed Resistance Box Pack 10K [ch937] - 3386-P Preset 10K [ch937] - 9 Pin Resistance Network 7 segment display - LT543 4X7 Segment Display CA 25W Soldering Iron Pointed Bit 10K NTC Thermistor Bread Board GL-12 16x2 Character LCD Module - Blue 3 Pin Polarized Header Cable 10 Core Rainbow Wire Per Meter 6 Pin Polarized Header Cable 40 Pin Female Break Away Headers 40 Pin Male Break Away Headers 1N4007 ULN2003

And finally a Multimeter!

many things are of 2 or more quantities like each LED of 10, LDR of 3, capacitor pack of 10, etc

So please advice me if anything is missing.

Thanks & Regards

rv-sharma

Hmm, what do you need these capacitors for?

2pF Capacitor Pack 10pF Capacitor Pack

They may be useful in some RF applications, but I doubt it would be immediately useful for you...

where in india are you ? Update your profile :)

Thanks for the reply

@Alpha.. i am totally new to this so don't know where to use these parts, have some basic (little more than just basic) knowledge of electronics (2nd year student Electronics and communication Engineering :P) but for arduino i am a noob. I am also going to start book "Getting Started with Arduio". For the parts i googled and looked for various arduino kits and these were the parts compiling all the kits.

@newbie. hiii..im from Delhi..How u doin.? :)

2pF caps could come in handy with certain multiplexed LED control chips, such as from Maxim-ic.com, where speed & intensity are set with an external R & C.

Get yourself a 'scope too - download Virtual Analyser for a soundcard 'scope, or find a USB hardware item like dpscope.com. Some things you just can't check with a multimeter.

I don't know how big a GL-12 breadboard is. Do you have wire for connecting things together? Do you have perfboard or something to solder components to once you have a design you want to keep? Having a 2nd pair of hands is often helpful - a Panavise or equivalent is handy when soldering. Do you have other tools? wire strippers, needle nose pliers, things like that?

I am sure you'll be picking up some other specific pieces as you start getting into projects as well.

I downloaded virtual analyzer. and yes i have basic tools like wire strippers, aligners, tweezers, etc

i can buy perfboard from local store nearby at very cheap price

Thanks for the Input

One little but important Question.

@crossroads.. i downloaded the o'scope software but do you know any link or video about using it, a nice tutorial will be very helpful.

@crossroads.. i downloaded the o'scope software but do you know any link or video about using it, a nice tutorial will be very helpful.

you would need a oscilloscope ont only the software !

Isn't there a help file to download? Ok, assuming not, just click the ON button at the top left. I used it with a microphone in front of a speaker. You can stick a 1/8"/3.5mm minijack in the microphone jack with a couple of twisted wires and do some playing. It can do A & B channels, so use a stereo jack. With nothing plugged in, it is pickig up me humming via my laptops microphone, that is displayed on top. The bottom shows frequency breakdown.

And i dont see any motor driver ic Like l293d or l298 !

but there are no motors in his list either - probably best to pick the driver when the motor is selected.

One of my favorite devices to have on hand is logic level n-channel power mosfets, great for when you need to switch something that requires heavy lifting. ;)

Specs like this are nice, all available with a simple direct connection to an Arduino digital output pin: http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Components/General/RFP30N06LE.pdf

Lefty

i have few motors like 1 which i rescued from old cassette player, 2 small motor from my crappy Optical Drive. Wait!

1 of them is very small and has 4 pins (is it a stepper?) and 2nd is simple motor with 2 pins

i can use them, but what are the voltage rating for that motors as i didn't find any rating printed on them.

I'll post few pictures of them for more clarity and recognition.

newbie - visual analyser is a sound card oscilloscope - the hardware is the soundcard, the software displays the microphone input on your screen. For example, this is me humming, with microphone pickup, and frequency meter selected

Probably don't want to exceed a volt or so for input. I'll see if I can pick up a stereo jack tomorrow and provide some better guidance. I would start with creating a square wave output from arduino into a potentiometer with the center tap and ground into the PC, slowly dial it up until the scope peaks out, then measure that and make up a scope probe with equivalent voltage divider for looking at 5v signals.

Crossroads Thnaks for letting me know ill try iy out ;)

i can use them, but what are the voltage rating for that motors as i didn't find any rating printed on them

well generally motors can be run out of specs by a high margin ! you juse need to know the power consumption! generally small motors can be run off a l293 d i have a couple of 3kg cm torque motor and its power consumption is 400mA at a 4 kg load at 6V

in case you need to run high on amps http://www.pocketmagic.net/?p=508 it will support upto 10 amps