Am i on the right track?

Morning ladies and gents.

My main aim is to replace some of my cars current hvac controls with an arduino so that i can replace the display screen with a nexus 7 tablet. for in car entertainment sat-nav etc.

This is the current lay out with a screen that sits in the center which display the current settings of the hvac. id like to keep the bottom buttons for fan speed, temp up and down etc. but fit the tablet above these. and have it so when i press a certain function it flashes the current temp and speed up on the tablet then goes back away after around 5 seconds.

The hvac system its self is made up of a few circuit boards which connect to the main board which has a micro-controller on it which then sends signals down two main wires to a comfort control module which does all the clever stuff for the hvac system.

These are the boards

And the wiring for the back of it gets split like this down to the comfort control module

From there they connect to the module which i believe uses some type of early can bus system as i can acces this thought vag com

so is this project at all possible if so what would be the best way to go about it i already have the nexus 7 and a arduino board. but unsure if i will need a can-bus shield etc

thanks for any help and input would be great cheers. sorry for the long thread kinda hard to explain

leigh

I’m trying to copy the signals from a micro controller which sends it a control module. For my cars hvac controls

On the drawings thought it says it sends it thought a climate bus in and climate bus out. Is this a type of can bus. Or just rx and tx?

Cheers

ibizacupra:
I'm trying to copy the signals from a micro controller which sends it a control module. For my cars hvac controls

On the drawings thought it says it sends it thought a climate bus in and climate bus out. Is this a type of can bus. Or just rx and tx?

Cheers

On what drawing. I see no drawings. You don't mention any details about the system you are working on or what kind of car it is even. How the hell do you expect me to guess what type of bus it is with no information about it?

Its just the CAN bus routing through a climate unit.
The CAN bus is still the same, where you have to address each unit on the BUS to communicate with them.

Sorry for lack of info I did post a another thread with all the photos on another section.

It's for a seat ibiza mk3. Which is 2000 plate when can bus was still in its very early days. This is why I'm unsure if it is proper can-bus related as the wires are not twisted toghter. I can access the module using vag com tho.

With it saying bus IN and Bus OUT rather than can h and can l this is what has thrown me.

Link to my thread with the photos and what my main plan is.

Threads merged.