Ambilight not controlled by software, only code programmed light pattern

Hi everyone!, i trying to make an ambilight project.
I bought an arduino nano but i have one problem, my led strip is not with a controller (ws2812b type), otherwise is a normal 5050 led strip with non directional and 4 input (R G B +).

For this reason i bought 3 transistors TIP120 and 3 Kohm resistances following this schema

https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub/najad/12v-rgb-led-with-arduino-fb6c46

After make all conections, i loaded the code and works, but is not controlled by software, only follow the code pattern.

How can i make that these led will be controlled by software?. Any code???

Many thanks!!

Best regards

crynof:
After make all conections, i loaded the code and works, but is not controlled by software, only follow the code pattern.

If the code works, the colors are changing and being controlled by the code. I do not understand your question. The code is software.

blh64:
If the code works, the colors are changing and being controlled by the code. I do not understand your question. The code is software.

Hi!, With software I mean something Perismatic, Ambibox etc. (A windows software to set and control leds and syncronize with movies, games etc).

I would google "Perismatic arduino" or "ambibox arduino" and see how others have done it. It usually involves individually controlled LEDs, not one entire strip which is essentially 1 RGB