Amplifying Millivolts To Volts

Hi guys, I trying to amplify 10 millivolts into 1 or more volts I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that. I'm really in a rush so please resond quickly.

Use an op-amp - look up circuits for this.

An LM324 (four op-amps in one) is a good start.

Hi, you will need a gain of 100, a DC amplifier if you are amplifying a level.
Look up the application section of opamp data sheets.
or google, opamp basics DC amplifier

should help.

Tom… :slight_smile:

Do you have a circuit for the lm327. I've tried it but I can't find out where ground goes for the output. And sorry I wasn't that specific but I'm trying to make 10 millivolts usable. So I can turn it into AC but it will have to be 110. I can turn it into DC and I'll need enough to charge a phone, so I really just have to make it usable. Thanks.

Hi, ahh just a minute, what are you trying to do, take a 10mV voltage and try and boost it to charge a phone? Please explain! (Aussie joke) Can you be specific as to what you have and what you want to accomplish?

Tom...... :)

I’m getting 10mv from RF in the air all I’m trying to do with it is convert it high enough that I can use It for something (charge a phone). I’ve got a whole bunch of electrical parts. I have about a couple of differen types of op amps and I don’t really have to worry about anything else because I pretty much have it all.

Sorry guys I just barely figured out that it's not amplifying it power converting i'm really sorry.

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?reload=true&arnumber=6519964

Caiden: I'm getting 10mv from RF in the air all I'm trying to do with it is convert it high enough that I can use It for something (charge a phone). I've got a whole bunch of electrical parts. I have about a couple of differen types of op amps and I don't really have to worry about anything else because I pretty much have it all.

10mv.... unless you're also getting considerable current (which you're not) to step up with....

Just give up lol

cjdelphi:
That is why they have rectennas.

Keith, you'd need an antenna the size of a house to be able to charge your phone lol

In the article I linked they report an average power of 50nW per cm*cm, so 0.5 W would require 10,000 sq cm, or an antenna 100 cm on a side.

They were also able to charge up a 100 uF capacitor to .33 V and light a LED.

KeithRB: In the article I linked they report an average power of 50nW per cm*cm, so 0.5 W would require 10,000 sq cm, or an antenna 100 cm on a side.

They were also able to charge up a 100 uF capacitor to .33 V and light a LED.

Which is a far cry from 110vac which he wants...

5v maybe but the current wont be