Analog Pins for nrf24l01 CE and CSN?

Can I use the analog pins for the ce and csn pins? I think I have asked this before, but I just want to be sure

Thanks in advance

Jerome

That should be no problem, analog pins can be used as digital pins - but I have not tried it myself. Assuming you are using an UNO it will still be essential to have pin 10 as OUTPUT.

By the way if you asked a question before you should just post a follow-up in the same Thread.

...R

JeromeAriola:
Can I use the analog pins for the ce and csn pins? I think I have asked this before, but I just want to be sure

Thanks in advance

Yes and no.

There are analogue pins that are analogue only.

Yes, the analog pins are only "analog" if you use analogRead on them which routes them to the ADC. Otherwise, they're normal I/O. You don't necessarily need to have pin 10 as output. You can configure it as INPUT_PULLUP and it will be able to stay in SPI master mode.
Hope that helps :slight_smile:

freaklabs:
You don't necessarily need to have pin 10 as output. You can configure it as INPUT_PULLUP and it will be able to stay in SPI master mode.

But when it is in INPUT_PULLUP mode it is possible to pull it LOW which will cause the Arduino to stop acting as master.

...R