analog PIR sensors ?

looking for an analog output PIR sensor but all i could find is that theyre outdated.

PIR senses a disturbance, which strikes me as a binary thing: quiet or disturbed. Would an analog one sense the degree of disturbance?

I'm curious to know what you want it for.....

oh, i always thought the sensor picked up a degree of disturbance and then converted anything above a certain thresh hold HIGH otherwise LOW. which, if this is the case, could someone point me in the right direction as to how to bypass this and get the analog out?

I'm curious to know what you want it for.....

when detecting presence, unless i have an array of digital sensors set up, ie if i'm only to set up a few around the room, i can better detect location of the person with a few analog based vs digital.

I don't think PIRs are good for position: they set up a "field" so to speak, and trigger when there's a disturbance. That field is likely to be quite wide. I don't think you can rely on an overlap to triangulate a person.

oh, i always thought the sensor picked up a degree of disturbance and then converted anything above a certain thresh hold HIGH otherwise LOW

Perhaps, I'm not sure. Read here what adafruit has to say on the subject.