Analog Pyrometer / IR sensor

I've been trying to create a homemade thermal camera using a pyrometer and 2 rotating mirrors

It worked pretty well but it was too slow because the sensor I used (the MLX90614) had an update rate of about 10 Hz meaning that if I wanted to produce a 100 * 100 px pic it will take 100 * 100 / 10 = 1000 sec, which is about 15 min

I searched the web for some time but wasn't able to find a better sensor. I think my only option is to use an analog sensor with a high update rate so that I will be able to rotate the mirrors continuously(ish) and sample the sensor while doing so.

Can anyone recommend on a sensor? It doesn't have to bee accurate, just fast

If you want a sensor with a bandwidth higher than 9Hz you will require restricted military technology
used in heat-seeking missiles. Good luck with that!

There are sensor arrays with dozens of pixels which might be more suitable, like the GridEye and
various others.

BTW you can't get great results using standard glass mirrors for heat radiation, you need front-surface
or metal mirrors.
Glass absorbs a lot of far IR (it reflects some, but only some) - this means the reflected image
in a glass mirror is cloudy due to the temperature of the mirror itself. Metal mirrors don't have
this problem, they reflect excellently.

And lenses are expensive for the same reason - normally germanium lenses are used - not many
materials are properly transparent to heat rays. Such specialized optical components are expensive.

MarkT
I used a cake lifter I found at home and it did pretty well
I think any polished piece of metal will work

My only Problem is the speed. Is there any hope of finding a higher update rate sensor?

See this export/import guide http://www.drsinfrared.com/ResourcesSupport/ExportGuidelines.aspx

jremington
looks more like a commercial site to me,
I contacted them but I think the price will be way above my budget

looks more like a commercial site to me,

Yes, one that happens to explain, as did MarkT, why you will have great difficulty finding a faster sensor.

The alternatives are to buy a multipixel sensor or live with the sample rate of the one you have.

The 8x8 Grideye works very well, and with some ingenuity you could scan and interpolate to form higher resolution images.