Analog reader head.

im trying to hook up a analog magnetic reader head to my my arduino im just not getting any data , im kind of a noob and in every the analog sensors ive seen have three pins where mine has two

this is what i have http://cellwaytech.com/Cheap-Price-Magnetic-Read-Head-5mm-Track-Card-Reader-Magnetic-Head-Black-and-Silver-Card-Reader-Magnetic-Head-MSR-010-p151707.html and im using an arduino nano

You have bought a single track magnetic (credit) card/tape reading head, is this what you really wanted to do?

The head will be outputting a very low level signal when passed over a magnetic strip and you may have difficulty reading it on an Arduino without extra electronics to amplify and condition this signal. If you want to read cards with magnetic strips you may be better off buying a complete unit with electronics like this and maybe hacking it to get the signal prior to being converted to USB or just take the USB with a suitable USB host shield.

If you want to detect a magnet then your better off looking for something like this instead.

yes i want a one track reader head , and i have a diagram of a circut someone used for something simillar , i tried to do what you suggesting by reading the output of the reader , it isnt working at all theres some kind of emi field being generated when its on and i cant get any data out of it with out using there software and using a different reader type isnt an option for this project , the reader in question has this head so thats why im trying to interface directly to it

From my distant memory, the head needs more than simply passing the tape over it. Google tape recorder head and you may find more info to help.

Weedpharma

andrewfed:
yes i want a one track reader head , and i have a diagram of a circut someone used for something simillar , i tried to do what you suggesting by reading the output of the reader , it isnt working at all theres some kind of emi field being generated when its on and i cant get any data out of it with out using there software and using a different reader type isnt an option for this project , the reader in question has this head so thats why im trying to interface directly to it

Can you post or link to the circuit your mention. Also when you say 'there software' what software and who are you referring to?
Why does it need to be this reader type?
What are you trying to do that an off the shelf reader cannot do for you?