And it's not just in the USA!

Who's really looting America

...R

whataboutism

Robin2:
Who’s really looting America

…R

And every other country is doing the same thing one way or another.
Nothing will change until the banking / monetary system changes but dont hold your breath for that.

In fact this virus thing might have been brought into existence by the 25 richest families of the world.

EDIT
Just wait, someone is at the front and back doors.

Black helicopters anyone ?

ballscrewbob:
And every other country is doing the same thing one way or another.
Nothing will change until the banking / monetary system changes but dont hold your breath for that.

I'm certainly not going to hold my breath.

But if the ordinary-man-in-the-street stops voting for right-wing parties (the Republicans in the US and the Tories in the UK) change will be a lot more likely, even if it is still slow.

...R

Robin2:
I'm certainly not going to hold my breath.

But if the ordinary-man-in-the-street stops voting for right-wing parties (the Republicans in the US and the Tories in the UK) change will be a lot more likely, even if it is still slow.

...R

They all pee in the same pot regradless of party ! (polite version)

ballscrewbob:
They all pee in the same pot regradless of party ! (polite version)

There is some truth in that, but it is a very bleak outlook.

Change is never going to happen if people won't vote for it - even if in the short term the differences between political parties is slight.

I have the impression that most Forum members favour limiting climate change, cleaning the oceans, treating all humans as equal regardless of colour and being kind to other species. To make progress on any (hopefully all) of those issues requires change.

...R

Be careful what you wish for Robin.

We went from an uncaring arrogant SOB to a self seeking publicity hound (our very own Trumpton) who is going to leave all the debt he is amassing to somebody else.

Change has to come from the PEOPLE and not politicians (any flavour) out to line thier own pockets.

ballscrewbob:
Change has to come from the PEOPLE and not politicians (any flavour) out to line thier own pockets.

I agree that change must come from the people - but how do you envisage that happening without the people voting for political change?

...R

Robin2:
I agree that change must come from the people - but how do you envisage that happening without the people voting for political change?

...R

Whether or not people voting changes anything depends on the voting system. They all have issues but the current ones in the US and UK are particularly flawed.

I commend to you the videos of CGP Grey who covers a wide range of subjects in an intelligent, amusing and informative way, often in under 5mins;

For this particular topic videos on the Electoral College and First Past the Post are very useful;

ardly:
Whether or not people voting changes anything depends on the voting system. They all have issues but the current ones in the US and UK are particularly flawed.

That's as may be. But people have to work with they've got.

All the black people will be dead and the global termperature will have risen 50° before the voting system is changed unless the present voting system is used to influence change.

The best is the enemy of the good, and especially of the mediocre.

...R

cry me a river robin

Remember that IQ >= 100 is only HALF the population. When you add in IQ loss due to greed, you get the short-sighted leadership we see combined with the power of MAMMON to make a Dunning-Kreuger party.

The same industries crying about not having enough qualified applicants were laughing happy at the tax cuts they got at the expense of the public education system. Time to bring people in from outside for the good jobs even as migrant farm laborers are accused to taking "our" jobs.

There's a word for it. The first part is "cluster".

GoForSmoke:
Remember that IQ >= 100 is only HALF the population.

We have had IQ tests for a long time (whether or nor they have merit).

It's time we had a test for GREED.

...R

It's called accumulated wealth, praise Mammon!

Get enough and you have Power as in Power To Make, Influence Or Ignore The Rules.

Only devoted followers of Mammon get Power while the rest serve that Power. It's easy, let your broker decide what your money should support.

GoForSmoke:
It's called accumulated wealth, praise Mammon!

Indeed.

But there is no reason why it should be allowed to get out of control. £10million is more than enough for any person.

...R

I'd like to see you convince the holder of that! Nobody gets that far without a good understanding of power and if you get loud you may find yourself with new problems from unexpected directions.

GoForSmoke:
I'd like to see you convince the holder of that!

We managed to convince people that drunk-driving and smoking-in-public is socially unacceptable.

I see no reason why public opinion could not make excessive wealth socially unacceptable. There is no need to start the fight with the very rich. It can grow from the ground up so that they eventually find themselves ostracised.

However if you think it is a good thing to encourage the very rich then please say so.

...R

You have no clue at how much distance the actually rich keep from the lesser to worthless other humans.

They have parties where they mock people who believe that the rich can be held socially accountable.
They have their own games and rivalries and plans to dominate whatever.
The top 4 had more wealth than the poor half of the world population, the value of land itself shifting with who "owns" it.