Android Bluetooth joystick

Thank you for sharing this awesome app

Thanks jooheepark, I appreciate the time you spent for registering and sharing your experience Matching baud rate is indeed a key point for success (together with RX/TX proper wiring)

@all please report - bugs (if any ;)) - requested new features

and... info's regarding your new Bluetooth RC toy

I personally use this App for controlling my balancing robot, using now the MPU-6050 gyro/acc combo

Hi kas,
thanks a lot for your time and work on this APP.

I tried to use your BT-scanner and BAUD-rate setting program, but with soft_serial I had no luck on my mega2560 board. I tried several pin combinations and reversed TX/RX , but nothing.
Then I rewrote the program and replaced the soft_serial ‘myserial’ with ‘Serial1’ commands, and it worked like a charm.

BTW, if you get bored one time, pleeease write a version for stepper motors as well :wink:

Groeten
Olaf

It seems, that soft_serial only works up to 57600 BAUD. My BT-module was setup to 115200 BAUD, that’s why it didn’t work

@all, does anybody know the AT-command to change the PIN-code for the BT module?

Hi o_lampe

BTW, if you get bored one time, pleeease write a version for stepper motors as well smiley-wink

What is your specific application that make you choose steppers over servo's ??

does anybody know the AT-command to change the PIN-code for the BT module?

Assuming you have a JY-MCU or compatible board, see here and scroll down to mid page:

AT+PINxxxx Sets the pairing password of the device Any 4 digit number can be used, the default pincode is 1234 Response: OKsetPIN

It seems, that soft_serial only works up to 57600 BAUD. My BT-module was setup to 115200 BAUD, that's why it didn't work

Using hardware serial, mega2560 board should be OK @115200 baud (and higher with a third party Serial Monitor)

What is your specific application that make you choose steppers over servo's ??

I don't have a specific application. Maybe a big camera gimbal controlled by a smartphone. Your app as an OSD overlay of the camera picture? ( with a smaller Joystick or semi seethrough ) But then again, I could use a brushless gimbal and the current app would be fine.

Hi kas!

nice project here...congratulations.

I would like to make you a question, it´s possible to do a joystick like your's but instead control servo control step motors, the joystick send 0 200 300 300.

(tell the stepper with an id of 0, move to a position of 200 steps (one rotation), speed of 300, acceleration of 300)

Is this the best way to control a step motor?

thanks

Hey kas!

Thanks for making this application. It's cool and the controls are easy to use. My friends and I have never worked with Arduinos before and hacked up this robotic ball in a week that uses your app. It was really fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkCU7p1Dk2w

Keep up the good work. We love your app!

Hey kas! Thanks for making this application. It's cool and the controls are easy to use. My friends and I have never worked with Arduinos before and hacked up this robotic ball in a week that uses your app. It was really fun! Keep up the good work. We love your app!

Hi rtso489 Thanks for taking the time to register and post your first comments on the forum

This is a very cool hack 8) 8) 8) Please let us have more info, link to the original device and possibly photo of the internal mechanism Thanks again for sharing

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to get this running with a Nano? I can connect fine, on a bluesmirf silver via the app, tried all sorts of configurations with RX/TX and servo pins, but I cant get any further, any guidance would be much appreciated.

Edit, problem solved, Thanks KAS for the time you have put in, I will upload a "dummy's guide" later in a bid to contribte : )

Edit, problem solved, Thanks KAS for the time you have put in, I will upload a "dummy's guide" later in a bid to contribte : )

Glad you sorted it out Your contribution will be very welcome ;)

First of all thank you. It's really nice to see something this simple and well documented. I'll try it as soon as my exams are over. Referring back to an older post I believe as well that the addition of accelerometer to the available control options would be really nice. :)

Hi kovacsgellert, thanks for your comments

Referring back to an older post I believe as well that the addition of accelerometer to the available control options would be really nice. :)

I had the idea to develop an accelerometer based application, but it didn't generate enough interest here, to justify development time :~

HI,

I downloaded this sketch for my UNO R3 and have version 3.1 of BT Joystick Commander on a nexus tablet.

the Bluetooth connection works as follows:

pressing button 1 on the android produces button on, button off on the arduino serial terminal.

no other functions work..

Joystick data is displayed,on the android but not on the arduino terminal

i have read through the many threads on ths topic and see no obvious fixes for the joystick problem.

Please send suggestions.

Hi hib1,

I am currently on holydays and will be home next week In the meantime, please make sure you are using the latest AndroLED Arduino demo sketch (V10.2) modify:

boolean DEBUG = false;

to:

boolean DEBUG = true;

DEBUG can also be toggled using Button #2

Let me know the outcome

@all Merry Xmas :) :)

Great app KAS, bad thing is not working on IOIO board,just tested out :frowning: ,do u think in a future could make one to be IOIO otg compatible?..once again ,this app is the best,on Google Store :wink: Thank you

any chance that you can add a window to show the feed from a wifi camera? Then we will have the ultimate robot controller.

Hi juycce

do u think in a future could make one to be IOIO otg compatible?

Sorry, no experience yet with IOIO :~

this app is the best,on Google Store

any chance that you can add a window to show the feed from a wifi camera? Then we will have the ultimate robot controller

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: that's a slightly more complex story ;)

any chance that you can add a window to show the feed from a wifi camera? Then we will have the ultimate robot controller

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: that's a slightly more complex story

OK Did some research, looks definitly doable I will order a Foscam IP camera which is well supported and documented

I already started development using another android device (Sony Xperia Mini) as an IP camera

Thanks tolisn63 for this smart idea, and... for keeping me busy ;)

Great news, if you want I can also test. I have a wanscam IP camera (similar to foscam)

Great news, if you want I can also test. I have a wanscam IP camera (similar to foscam)

Why not :)

This a screen shot of "Total RC Commander" V0.1B: The application is working but for the moment, the screen is optimized only for a 8" tablet I suspect the application needs at least 7" to display the information correctly sorry, no phones :~ :~

Do you have a tablet ?? Please let me have size and resolution